iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 46)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Amazing..this movie can STILL make me chuckle like a stoned schoolboy..lol

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
You should see the movie. If you asked me to tell you what it was about, I think that I'd just have to respond, "Rita Calderoni gets nude for Satan...a lot. In a castle. With a big spider. With some other weird people. And they roll around under colored lights with smoke pots going off...a lot. Did I mention that she gets nude for Satan?"

Nuttiest giallo or something like a giallo that I've ever seen!

Yeah, but where's John Simm? I just watched the ep where he's speeding, hot [Big Grin] Can't he get nude for Satan in the last 3 episodes? Hahaha [Razz]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Jerk is on TV tomorrow, I haven't seen it in forever. Will watch [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Or record it. The Incredible Melting Man is on at the same time [Razz]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Such crap fun, makeup was great [Smile]

-

Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell in the Pacific (1968). Lee Marvin, Toshiro Mifune. A confrontation between an American marine fighter pilot and a Japanese naval officer takes place on a Pacific island in the Second World War.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
You should see the movie. If you asked me to tell you what it was about, I think that I'd just have to respond, "Rita Calderoni gets nude for Satan...a lot. In a castle. With a big spider. With some other weird people. And they roll around under colored lights with smoke pots going off...a lot. Did I mention that she gets nude for Satan?"

Nuttiest giallo or something like a giallo that I've ever seen!

Nude for Satan was released on dvd here. I need to get it!
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, you have to see this one, aTomik! You won't believe it. Rita Calderoni is in two other nutso Italian horror films "Delerium" with Mickey Hargitay and "The Reincarnation of Isabelle." All three films make absolutely no sense and appear to be the work of deranged folks high on something. They are all mind-boggling!

Funny story: My son (who was about 14 at the time) and I were at a horror convention a few years ago and were perusing the dealer tables. These two really funny, nice guys--who admitted that they had been drinking heavily prior to the show--had a lot of crazy stuff for sale. They had a monitor with DVD-R burns running non-stop, and when the scene of Calderoni sans clothing walking through the woods in the opening of the film came on, they shouted out, "Here she comes!" My son got an eyeful, and he asked the guys, "Hey, is there anything on this table that isn't a pirate video?" And the inebriated guys showed him some Region 2 stuff in orignal boxes. Just like dear old dad... I was so proud of him that day. [Smile]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, great stuff! I´m definately going to get that movie.
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Daleks Invasion Earth: 2150 A.D. (1966)

-

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exorcist II: The Heretic (1977) - Linda Blair, Richard Burton, Louise Fletcher, Max Von Sydow, James Earl Jones. Directed by John Boorman.

That movie is so-bad-its-good and belongs among the funniest bad films of the 70s alongside "The Swarm", "The Car", "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls" and "The Betsy".

Posts: 4124 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
That's the only Exorcist I haven't seen. The only one of the others I love is Part 3 [Smile]
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only a talented, gifted director like John Boorman can make a film as bad as "Exorcist II" or "Zardoz."

Leo, I haven't thought about "The Betsy" in years, but Lawrence Olivier's Southern accent is hilarious, one of the worst accents of any major actor in any film. [Smile]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
Daleks Invasion Earth: 2150 A.D. (1966)

I recently saw a good documentary on the making of the two Peter Cushing Doctor Who movies. I haven't seen either since I was very young, but I remember that I really disliked them. I think that despite Peter Cushing, I'd still dislike them for changing the Doctor Who concept for the big screen.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I really like Dr Who and the daleks, not overly keen on this one.
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watching Armchair Thriller. A late 70s British TV series of ten 4 or six episode thrillers. Very dated now, but always worth a look.

Exorcist still frightens me. Trivia: Mike Oldfield was at the same school as me, got expelled and was told he wouldn't make much of his life, as he messed around too much !!!

Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Badlands - Great film. It's like so chilled out considering its subject matter lol

-

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
I really like Dr Who and the daleks, not overly keen on this one.

Weirdly, I feel pretty much the opposite. On my dvr I have the two Peter Cushing efforts and also the 1996 Paul McCann one.

I didn't really get Dr Who And The Daleks, it all seemed too cheaply done for me.

Invasion Earth 2150 was better for some scale, and on the whole Bernard Cribbins did better in the 'supporting male' role than Roy Castle (of course, Cribbins later rejoined the Who cast in hte David Tennant days).

I haven't yet seen the 1996 one (well, not since it first came out) so I'm looking forward to being able to compare the three.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
badlands reminds me of the nebraska album
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
How dare you disagree with me Paul [Razz] I can barely remember anything about the '96 one, let me know how it is [Smile]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Night of the eagle (1962) Fabulous witchy film, oodles of atmosphere [Big Grin]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I've just bought the complete collection of Batfink hahaha  -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G4Ij4RHH6M

Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Getaway (1972). Steve McQueen, Ali McGraw, Ben Johnson, Sally Struthers, Al Lettieri, Slim Pickens, Dub Taylor and Bo Hopkins. A criminal husband who has just been freed from prison on parole and also his wife wind up going on the run when the armed robbery of a bank goes wrong. Based on the novel by Jim Thompson.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Gauntlet (1977) [Smile]

-

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ACT OF VIOLENCE- 1948

-

Great Film Noir classic with good performances. One of the first movies to deal with the dark side of returning WWII vets. Brilliant writing, in switching the audiences sympathy back and forth between pro and antagonist.

MYSTERY STREET- 1950

-

Noirish police/forensic procedural, way ahead of it's time in many ways. Good job by Ricardo Montalban.

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home