iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 42)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i watched a interview with landis, he said he couldnt figure out why people laugh at doug kenney when he says, so what are we suppose to do you moron
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doug Kenney's delivery of that line is unexpected, perfectly timed, and spot on. It's brilliant. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just in case you want to relive it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Children Of The Stones, 1977. British made television series about strange events that happen around a stone circle. Very menacing for a kids show. Stars Gareth Thomas ( pre Blakes 7 Blake) and Iain Cuthbertson (Budgie). Bit dated now, but scared the bejaysus out of me, as a ten year old. Sort of childrens alternative to The Wicker Man.
Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where's Helen lately? [Frown]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to ask the same question.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I will have to PM her if this keeps up.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Yes. This isn't like her.
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FOXES.... yes, it's from '79, not '80. The movie says 1979, as does the tombstone in the end.

It was ok, nothing special.

Although good to see that Scott Baio had some skater skills [Smile]

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Shooting (1967). Millie Perkins, Jack Nicholson, Will Hutchins and Warren Oates. A woman convinces two cowboys to partake in a vengeance plot.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ryan's Daughter (1970)
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just hanging out. Waitin' for Helen.
 -

Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] Hey people, so good to be back. My router broke. That was torturous being that long without the internet [Eek!]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice to have you back!
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
It's great to have you back Helen. On my birthday as well. Big three O.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww, thanks [Smile]

Happy Birthday  -

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy birthday, Bernie. Cheers!

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thanks guys. It's highly appreciated [Big Grin]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Get lots of irritating joke 30 cards? [Razz] My sister couldn't find one for me she liked so got a 30 sticker stuck on the front of a normal card  -
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Been watching nothing but goodness these last few weeks, Citizen Kane (1941), Sugar Hill, The Wicker Man again, Crucible of Terror, The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951), Dr. Crippen (1964) and The Creeping Flesh [Smile]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by harry2:
Children Of The Stones, 1977. British made television series about strange events that happen around a stone circle. Very menacing for a kids show. Stars Gareth Thomas ( pre Blakes 7 Blake) and Iain Cuthbertson (Budgie). Bit dated now, but scared the bejaysus out of me, as a ten year old. Sort of childrens alternative to The Wicker Man.

Bought this the other year on a whim and really enjoyed it. It really is pretty crazy for a kids show lol
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you liked it Helen. Filmed at Avebury in Wiltshire if you are passing !!!

Just watching The Rise and Rise of Michael Rimmer. Stars Peter Cook and plethora of British acting talent. Michael Rimmer (Cook) joins an opinion poll company in a mysterious capacity, a silent and malevolent observer of what goes on. In this he's not a million miles from Bedazzled's George Spiggott, but in 'The Rise and Rise of Michael Rimmer' the targets are clear - big business, local government, the parliamentary parties, democracy itself.

As Rimmer gains more and more personal power, we see a Britain decaying at the seams in a sea of corruption - from the dim humbug makers with their sexy ad campaign to the would-be PM with planted questions at party conference. Supporting roles are judged well (Denholm Elliott, John Cleese, Arthur Lowe, Ronald Fraser in particular), while Cook himself looks the part, smirking and smart-suited, interfering in a cosy world of middle-aged execs and politics in need of a shake.

There's a lot going on here in a Britain stood still - and it makes for a very entertaining film. 1970.

Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I was looking at The Rise and Rise of Michael Rimmer--it's a made-on-demand Warner Brothers Archive DVD here in the U.S--and was thinking that is a rare 70s Brit comedy with a post-Python Cleese that I haven't seen. I have to check it out.
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
Cleese and Chapman have bit parts. If you enjoyed the Lindsay Anderson series, ....if , O Lucky Man !and Brittania Hospital , you will definitely like this. The cast is a who's who of the cream of British actors fom 40 years ago, including Denholm Elliott, Ronald Fraser , Vanessa Howard, Arthur Lowe, James Cossins,
Roland Culver, Dudley Foster, Dennis Price,
John Cleese, Diana Coupland, Norman Bird,
Graham Chapman, Norman Rossington, Valerie Leon, Ronnie Corbett, Graham Crowden, Frank Thornton, Julian Glover, Martin Boddey, Michael Barrington, Michael Bates.

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Great cast there, Harry. I am hot and cold on Anderson's series--I like "...if," love "O Lucky Man," and hate "Brittania Hospital." It sounds like it is in the vein of "I'll Never Forget What'sisname," which I love.
  This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home