iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 36)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read an article many years ago, I think in Film Comment, about film critic crushes. The guy who wrote about Karen Allen said that she was the one and had the face that would come to you when you closed your eyes in the middle of the night.

I couldn't agree more.

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too. Big time. Oh well, off to bed.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell Karen that I said hi and would see her later. ROFL
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's too bad she knows all my 'lucid dream poker tricks' now.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww, just heard Michael Gough has died [Frown]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Awwwwww... "Batman," "Horrors of the Black Museum," "Horror Hospital," heck Gough was fun overracting his way through "Konga." [Frown]
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Sorry to hear that Karen is on to you, Bernie. [Smile] I wonder if she knows Laura Antonelli and could put the good word in for me. LOL I also wonder if that old Film Comment article is available on line somewhere. It was terrific and had love letters from critics to many of the beautiful 80s women whom we adored back in the day. Oh yeah, I remember another guy wrote this incredible gushing piece about MTV video jockey Martha Quinn. I believe that he said something like, "Oh, to be breathing the same oxygen molecules as her." ROFLMAO Helen, would you give up your love of the KK movies to have a guy write that about you? Huh, huh? [Smile]

[ 17. March 2011, 11:29: Message edited by: Crash ]

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i liked micheal gough on sleepy hollow too.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pfft, ain't nothing or nobody coming between me and my Karate Kid films [Razz]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
You an Ralph and Pat are inseparable! [Big Grin]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Forever and ever, amen [Razz]

Right, time for some 70's action [Smile]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
West Side Story (1961)  -

-

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
Right, time for some 70's action [Smile]

Why does that sound dirty?

'West Side Story' - guaranteed to make me cry.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Don't worry Logan, you weren't the only one who picked up on the undertone [Big Grin]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
No, no undertones LOL
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
[Razz]
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
No, no undertones LOL

I've seen one of those before. They call them 'lies'.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
[Eek!] OUTRAGEOUS
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Death Line - What a fabulously dingy, grubby little film. I loved it [Big Grin]

-

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
"Mind the Doors!"
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
That was so sad, especially the last time it was screamed [Frown]
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Terrific, little-known 70s horror. How about that long tracking shot? [Smile]
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
Classic Brit-horror.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
Terrific, little-known 70s horror. How about that long tracking shot? [Smile]

Fabulous [Big Grin] I can see myself watching this again really soon [Smile]
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Manhattan. It was okay. Not sure if I'll watch any other Woody Allen movies if they are all like this one.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home