iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 33)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Repulsion (1965) Hmm, I dunno. I can't deny that it's a decent film but it just kinda bores me.

The Old Dark House (1932) [Big Grin]

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zach
Master Rewinder
Member # 9459

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962). I just rented this one from Netflix and saw it with my dad (He got me hooked on kaiju eiga, thus creating a monster of sorts in the process!) This is easily one of my favorite Toho monster movies for the simple fact that two of the most iconic movie monsters squared off and didn't disappoint this kaiju eiga buff.

Fun fact: the American version by Universal features the Creature from the Black Lagoon theme on the soundtrack. It's kind of funny because it plays more than once and usually whenever King Kong or Godzilla shows up to wreak some good 'ol monster havoc.

-

Posts: 122 | From: Beverly, MA | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 great Hammers - These Are The Damned (1963) and Never Take Sweets From A Stranger (1960)
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
King Kong - 1976. I like this one.

I watched the new one at the movies a few years back. I was forced to watch it and had to sit there for 187 minutes of torture. It sucked bad.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Oh no, now I'm the one who'd rather be dragged down the street than sit through the '76 Kong again. *Shudder* [Frown]
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew I was gonna get instant karma on the comment I made [Wink]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jabberwocky (1977)

-

Fun movie, and it was great recognising so many comedy stalwarts throughout the movie, but two things kinda spoiled it for me.

Firstly, I know it was set in the Dark Ages, but they could have shot it a little lighter, so that I could actually see stuff on screen... And secondly, fun as it was, it wasn't as good as Holy Grail, to which I could not help but compare it.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it´s nowhere near Holy Grail but it´s ok.
Very dark and grim world. The final battle is fun stuff.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
I knew I was gonna get instant karma on the comment I made [Wink]

-
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Anniversary (1968) [Big Grin]

-

StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
Just watched a weird short, Un Chien Andalou (1929)

-

The eyeball-slicing scene still draws chills, even today! [Eek!]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just saw one of the most boring and pointless movies I ever seen: "Last Year At Marienbad" (1961). [Confused]

Beautifully shot in black-and-white, but completely dull and pretentious. If you like dreamy-type of movies, this might interest you. But for me, this movie is more effective than any sleeping bill I ever taken!

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by StevenHW:
The eyeball-slicing scene still draws chills, even today! [Eek!] [/qb]

Yep [Eek!]
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by JAYLEE:
I could never wrap my head around HOW ON EARTH... Taxi Driver could lose to Rocky.... I mean come on!!! well, one is upbeat, the other is downbeat... the Oscars are a joke in my mind, they mean absolutely nothing to me!

I think it won because it is about the American Dream. Yeah I agree that the Oscars are ****.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Eaten Alive - I never really know what to make of this one [Confused]

-

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
That guy kinda looks like like Steve Buscemi.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
He reminds me of Eric Roberts lol
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
That's it, Steve crossed with Eric.
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With a dash of Klaus Kinski [Smile]
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
LOL
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Railway Children' (1970) - they recently released a special edition DVD.

'Ring of Bright Water' (1969).

'Jason and the Argonauts' (1963).

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I love The Railway Children. I don't mind the 2000 remake either where Jenny Agutter plays the mum this time.
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smokey and the Bandit (1977). Burt Reynolds, Jerry Reed, Sally Field, Jackie Gleason and Mike Henry. A pair of southern truck drivers undertake an offer to drive 400 cases of Coors beer from Texarkana, Texas to Atlanta, Georgia for $80,000, with one of them picking up a runaway bride along the way, prompting a high speed pursuit by a sheriff and also his son.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss the days when a protagonist could have a moustache the size of a carpet, and a confederate flag license plate [Smile]
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Hahaha [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home