iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 32)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just about Crash [Wink] I hadn't seen it in a long time, forgotten just how insane it is. I really need to see more Lynch because what I have seen, this, Twin Peaks, The Elephant Man and especially Blue Velvet I've loved. Any recommendations?

[ 27. January 2011, 11:27: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fire Walk With Me, the Twin Peaks prequel movie, in case you haven't seen it!

And Wild At Heart is pretty crazy too!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. I have Fire Walk With Me to watch soon. Got a bit of series 2 of my Twin Peaks rewatch left first. I'm gonna order Wild at heart [Big Grin]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Virgin Spring (1959)
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Helen, my favorite Lynch films, in order of preference (and I have no clue where Eraserhead fits into my list), are Blue Velvet, Wild at Heart, Mulholland Dr., The Straight Story, Fire Walk with Me, The Elephant Man, and Lost Highway. About the only Lynch film that I'm not nuts about is Dune. And I confess that I have not yet seen Inland Empire.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Cool, another nod for Wild at heart. I noticed a 3 pack of Mulholland Drive, Elephant Man and Inland Empire. Think I'll get that soon.
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975). Tim Curry, Susan Sarandon, Barry Bostwick, Richard O'Brien, Jonathan Adams, Meatloaf, Little Nell (Campbell), Charles Gray and Patricia Quinn. A just engaged couple who experience car trouble on a rainy night seek help in a castle, where they run across a group of Transylvanians. Taken from the classic namesake stage musical.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Owl and the Pussycat (1970)
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All that Jazz (1979) starring Roy Sheider. I had forgotten how bizarre this movie was. I saw an abbreviated version about 20 years ago on television. I remember telling my father how I didn't like the ending then!
Posts: 2290 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Love All that Jazz [Smile]

Just watched Planet of the Vampires (1965)

-

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Torso
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kes (1969) a young boy trains a kestrel while dealing with school and family life
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Adventures of Barry McKenzie (1972). Barry Crocker, Barry Humphries, Paul Bertram and Peter Cook. Barry McKenzie, an uncouth Australian who swills beer, speaks Australian slang and detests the British, goes with his aunt Dame Edna Everage to England, where he has a series of comically absurd adventures. [Smile]
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Watched me fave horror series, Phantasm

-

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Barbarella (1968) Utter nonsense lol
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Papillon (1973) [Big Grin]
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Born Free (1966)
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zach
Master Rewinder
Member # 9459

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jaws 2 (1978). Alright, so it wasn't directed by Steven Spielberg, and there's no explanation for the disappearance of Matt Hooper, but it's still an above-average sequel. The last 40 or so minutes with Jaws pursuing the teenagers and Chief Brody's attempt to rescue them was just as suspenseful and on-the-edge-of-your-seat as the original Jaws, IMHO.

Look at the bright side: it's miles ahead of Jaws: The Revenge, which is possibly the worst sequel to a popular movie I've ever seen.

Posts: 122 | From: Beverly, MA | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMO all the Jaws sequels sucked, but yeah I agree the revenge was terrible.

I have not seen 2 in a while, but did I miss something. The disappearance of Hooper?

Jaws though is one of the best movies I have ever seen. I am probably one of the few who thinks that the shark in the original JAWS still looks quite real.

I personally think that when people say the shark looks fake as they are probably remembering one of the sequels in which the sharks get progressively worse.

Which one looks more fake, the one in 3 or the one in 4. Mmmmm that's a tough one. I'll go 4 I guess.

I am just about to watch Targets (1968).

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Big Heat (1953) [Smile]
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a good one, Helen!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You two know it: The Big Heat is fantastic, one of my faves.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:

I love Targets, just love it! I remember reading about it in one of the really early books on horror films when I was a kid, and then I had to wait for years to see it because Paramount pulled it in the wake of the assassinations of Martin Luther King and Robert F. Kennedy. A few observations: It is one of Peter Bogdanovich's best films, it has one of Boris Karloff's best performances, it has perhaps the best use of parallel plots of any screenplay that I've ever seen, and it speaks volumes and is still on the mark about how we view violence in films and our society today. It's quiet and thoughtful and really, really well done. And to think that it came about because Bogdanovich had the presence of Karloff (I think under one of those goofy AIP contracts) for a few days and decided to make a film around him. Genius.
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Been on a Melville binge lately....

LE DOULOS aka THE INFORMANT 1963

-

Great movie. "60's Gangster cool" a la france!

LE SAMOURAI 1967

-

A nouvelle vague masterpiece. It doesn't get more euro cool, than Alain Delon as hitman, Jef Costello!

L'ARMEE DES OMBRES aka ARMY OF SHADOWS 1969

-

Melville's extremely somber and dark WW2 thriller about the inner workings of the french resistance. Great movie, but borders on depressing.

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:

I love Targets, just love it! I remember reading about it in one of the really early books on horror films when I was a kid, and then I had to wait for years to see it because Paramount pulled it in the wake of the assassinations of Martin Luther King and Robert F. Kennedy. A few observations: It is one of Peter Bogdanovich's best films, it has one of Boris Karloff's best performances, it has perhaps the best use of parallel plots of any screenplay that I've ever seen, and it speaks volumes and is still on the mark about how we view violence in films and our society today. It's quiet and thoughtful and really, really well done. And to think that it came about because Bogdanovich had the presence of Karloff (I think under one of those goofy AIP contracts) for a few days and decided to make a film around him. Genius.
Such insight. Thanks Crash. The only reason I even heard of this is because I watched a doco about the decline and subsequent rise of Hollywood during the late 60's and 70's. It was talking about all the new emerging directors and actors that were to have the most profound impact in films. Their classics and their flops. Their lives and deaths. It was really good. Yeah and they did mention that it was yanked from theatres because of the assassinations.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home