iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 28)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got that Drive-In disc too. It's great! Did you guys know that there is this script kicking around, and folks have been trying to get this bio-pic about Susan Cabot's tragic life off the ground?
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last 70's film I saw was "Sugar Hill" (1974), a film that has eluded me all these years. Having seen pretty much seen the same two stills in books over the years and not much written about it--it never played theatrically in Pittsburgh to my knowledge--I was prepared for it to be not-so-hot. Boy, was I surprised! "Sugar Hill" is an absolute delight in almost every respect. It's a well made, very entertaining blaxploitation-horror film with great atmosphere, humor, funky music, and easy-on-the-eyes Marki Bey wearing the finest in 70's fashion. Every once and a while, you finally get to see a film that you've only heard about, and it is a hidden treasure. I hightly recommend "Sugar Hill."
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Electra glider in blue Tells the story of bike cops and some runs in with hippys
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My fave Amicus film, The House That Dripped Blood

-

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Crawling Hand (1963) Hideous
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Prey - Love Norman J Warren's weird little films.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Rosemary's Baby (1968) [Big Grin]
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Life Begins for Andy Hardy (1941). Mickey Rooney, Lewis Stone, Judy Garland, Fay Holden, Ann Rutherford, Sara Haden, Patricia Dane and Ray McDonald. Andy Hardy decides to go to New York City to get a job after his high school graduation and learns a few things about dreams and reality while working as an office boy as he is flirting with the office receptionist and helping an unemployed dancer.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andy Hardy Meets Debutante (1940). Mickey Rooney, Lewis Stone, Fay Holden, Cecilia Parker, Judy Garland, Sara Haden, Ann Rutherford, Tom Neal and Diana Lewis. Andy Hardy experiences problems when he becomes infatuated with a debutante whom he has only seen in pictures and never met at all while his father travels into New York City to appear in court to keep the local orphange open.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Simoneer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8941

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Simoneer   Author's Homepage   Email Simoneer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Quite entertaining, but very overrated, I would say.

Posts: 56 | From: Sweden | Registered: Jun 2010 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Andy Hardy's Private Secretary (1941). Mickey Rooney, Lewis Stone, Fay Holden, Ian Hunter, Sara Haden, Kathryn Grayson, Todd Karns and Gene Reynolds. Andy Hardy, on the verge of graduating from high school, gets into trouble with his girlfriend when he becomes conceited and engages a private secretary.
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Simoneer:

Blaaaaaspheeeeemer!!!!!! [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Asylum [Smile]

-

Simoneer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8941

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Simoneer   Author's Homepage   Email Simoneer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAY LEE:
quote:
Originally posted by Simoneer:

Blaaaaaspheeeeemer!!!!!! [Roll Eyes]
To each their own. [Big Grin]

Anyway, I watched Rear Window for the first time yesterday. I haven't enjoyed a '50s movie this much. In fact, I'm ready to say my views of old movies (pre-70s) have changed because of it; before this, the only one I really liked was The Invisible Man (basically a horror comedy...from the freakin' 30s!). I'm gonna be watching a lot of these now. [Smile]

Grace Kelly was truly pretty.

-

Posts: 56 | From: Sweden | Registered: Jun 2010 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something for Joey (1977) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076738/
Starring Marc Singer, with a small role played by Steve Guttenberg. I remember watching this made-for-tv movie as a kid. It's a real tearjerker.

Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Cold Turkey" (1971), starring D|ck Van Dyke, Bob Newhart, Vincent Gardenia, Barnard Hughes, and Jean Stapleton.

Directed by Norman Lear, who later became more famous for producing hit TV shows "All In The Family", "Maude", "Sanford & Son", and many others.

It is about a small town in Iowa, who takes up on a $25 million challenge from a tobacco company, if the entire town's population can quit smoking for 30 days.

The film is actually a nice satire on how people can try to quit an addiction, but also on the news media and what passes today for political correctness and the "nanny state."

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Simoneer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8941

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 -

Good as always, though not as good as the sequel. Less action, ya know.

-

An old favorite of mine. Been years since I watched it. Hilarious as always... and this time around I got more of the jokes. [Smile]

Give him the said-a-give!

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

..I can still bust a gut laughing at this movie..still easily one of my favorite comedies of all time.

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hometown USA (1979)

This was a decent teen comedy set in 1950s.
Two tough guys and a geek spend a wild night on town.
Cars + girls = good time.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Hills have eyes
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Vampire Circus, an excellent late-era Hammer film soon to be released on BluRay in North America. You watch True Blood on HBO and go, "Wow, sexy, gory vampires," but Hammer was there first, a long time ago with The Vapire Lovers, Lust for a Vampire, Twins of Evil, and Vampire Circus, which has one of the sexiest, action-packed first 12 minutes you'll ever see.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
My fave horror Dracula: Prince of Darkness (1966)

-

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Halloween
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Ghost and Mr. Chicken (1966):

-

After watching so many horror films during this past Halloween Weekend...I needed a break from the blood and gore with a good light-hearted spook comedy movie...and you can't really get any better than this. The Ghost and Mr. Chicken is easily my favorite Don Knotts film, he's hilarious in this. And any other Don Knotts fan should agree with me that this is a Must-have in your collection.

[ 02. November 2010, 12:14: Message edited by: Pyromantic ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amityville horror love this movie
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home