iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 22)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Kowalski
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8412

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kowalski   Email Kowalski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Young Frankenstein 1974

-

Posts: 357 | From: Ireland | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Possibly the greatest car chase ever, The French Connection with a yak track by the legendary William Friedkin.1971. Every scene is on location, They even get their pals to jam up the Brooklyn Bridge to film a traffic jam scene. Gene Hackman and Roy Schneider star with Fernando Rey and Tony Lo Bianco.
Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Point Blank" (1967) with Lee Marvin, Angie D|ckinson, and pre-Animal House John Vernon.
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Despair (1977). Dirk Bogarde, Andrea Ferreol, Volker Spengler and Klaus Lowitsch. A Russian emigre businessman who manages a chocolate factory in early 1930s Berlin slowly goes mad as the Nazis start to take power.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The House That Dripped Blood (1970). Amicus anthology connected by a nondescript house. Starring Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, John Pertwee, Denholm Elliot and several british stalwarts of the early seventies.
Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I adore that film so much. It's my fave Amicus film and my second fave anthology. Dead of Night (1945) just pips it for me.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You got me in an Amicus mood and just watched The Vault of Horror. I love that last voodoo tale the best [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
I'm halfway through my Amicus coffin box set at present. In 'And Now The Screaming Starts' a young married couple are thrown into a web of fear when they move into an eerie house that is subject to an evil curse and inhabited by a dismembered hand. 'Doctor Terror's House Of Horror' tells how Doctor Terror catches a train and persuades five passengers to have their fortunes told using the Tarot Cards. In 'The House That Dripped Blood' an investigator looks into the strange goings-on in an empty house. 'Asylum' consists of four tales of terror which are revealed to a new doctor by four mental asylum inmates. Each tale leads to a puzzling mystery which is solved during the final tale. 'The Beast Must Die' finds a rich sportsman who invites a number of guests to his house with the knowledge that one of them is a werewolf. The film features a novel 'guess who' sequence at the end.
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
Also Marathon Man starring Dustin Hoffman and Laurence Olivier about Nazis smuggling jews out of Germany in return for diamonds with a famous dentistry scene.
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man, the dentist scene is a classic [Cool]
Good movie!

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I have that coffin set too Harry [Big Grin] Now you're making me wanna watch them all again.

I hardly ever hear any good comments about The Beast Must Die but I personally love it, one of my fave werewolf films.

"And now, the werewolf break" [Big Grin] [Razz]

Have you seen The Skull? One of the best Amicus films imo

[ 21. April 2010, 15:33: Message edited by: There'll be no morning for us ]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I watched Gorgo(1961) for the first time in years

-

-

Hehe [Big Grin]

harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
Have seen The Skull a couple of times. I just love the era 65-75 when the UK had a thriving film industry. Watching Blood On Satans Claw at present, filmed in a small village about ten miles from where I live called Bix, near Henley On Thames.

Two books that are worth looking out for

Ten Years of Terror: British Films of the 1970s
by Harvey Fenton and David Flint

Encyclopaedic list of films, tv plays and even unfilmed projects. Out of print now, amazon has second hand copies at over 100 pounds.

Amicus: The Studio That Dripped Blood by Allan Bryce. Also out of print sixty five pounds used on Amazon. Worth a look for a history of the studio.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by harry2:
[QB]Watching Blood On Satans Claw at present, filmed in a small village about ten miles from where I live called Bix, near Henley On Thames.

That's pretty cool [Big Grin] Great flick.

Yeah, that era is magic [Big Grin]

Those books sound good. Shame they're out of print now.

Last night I watched the 1959 Michael Gough film Horrors of the black museum. Still good but I enjoyed it a lot more first time around.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Suspiria and Equus
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
From Beyond The Grave, Amicus's greatest moment.Four stories connected by a mysterious antique shop manned by Peter Cushing. Only three pounds to buy on DVD. 9/10.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Fantastic stuff. The blue room story creeps me out to this day. I put it second to The House That Dripped Blood.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Children's Hour (1961)
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Great Escape (1963)
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Vampyr (1932)
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Hammer Karnstein Trilogy - The Vampire Lovers, Lust For A Vampire and Twins of Evil. And my second fave horror, The Wicker Man.
Macb41
Rewind Curious
Member # 8870

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Macb41   Email Macb41   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deliverance
Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
Absolution written by Anthony Schaffer (Frenzy/Sleuth/Wicker Man)starring Richard Burton as a priest/teacher in a Catholic school. Benjamin Stanfield is tired of being the teacher's pet and decides to play a practical joke on his form master Father Goddard (Burton). In confession, Stanfield tells Goddard that he has accidentally murdered his friend Blakey and buried him in the forest. When Goddard investigates the matter, he finds a buried scarecrow. Goddard is outraged, but, due to the seal of confession, he knows he cannot expel Stanfield. Shortly after, Stanfield once again enters the confession booth, telling Goddard that what before was a practical joke, he has now made happen. In disbelief, Goddard once again goes to the forest to investigate the matter. This time, he discovers Blakey's dead body. The plot soon thickens as Stanfield's fellow student Arthur Dyson mysteriously disappears..
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just watched the wanderers last night not bad quite funny in bits reminds me of the warriors a bit i love that film!
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I recorded that last night, will get to it soon. Welcome to the boards amaranth [Smile]

Last watched Hi, Mom!

This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home