iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
since there's no forum for this I'll put it here, 'Bullitt' a 60's move starring Steve McQueen.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SammyHain 44DDD-26-36:
since there's no forum for this I'll put it here, 'Bullitt' a 60's move starring Steve McQueen.

Great movie... Love the chase scene... [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I am big time into UFOlogy.

One of the all time best movies ever! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster04:
quote:
Originally posted by SammyHain 44DDD-26-36:

Great movie... Love the chase scene... [Smile]
has to be mentioned in the same breath as

*French Connection
*The Blues Brothers
*Death Proof

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
Sammy,

How about:

*Bullitt
*French Connection
*The Blues Brothers
*Death Proof
*Vanishing point
*The Italian Job
*Ronin
*Bourne Identity

StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another 70's movie with a great car chase is nearly-forgotten. It's called "The Seven-Ups", starring Roy Schieder (who was also in "The French Connection").

And no, it has nothing to do with the 7-Up soft drink! [Smile]

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0070672/

It was the only movie ever directed by Philip D'Antoni, who produced both "Bullitt" and "The French Connection."

[ 06. June 2008, 12:30: Message edited by: StevenHW ]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want a comedy car chase, try the 1972 movie "What's Up, Doc?", with Barbra Streisand and Ryan O'Neal.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0069495/

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by StevenHW:
Another 70's movie with a great car chase is nearly-forgotten. It's called "The Seven-Ups", starring Roy Schieder (who was also in "The French Connection").

And no, it has nothing to do with the 7-Up soft drink! [Smile]

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0070672/

It was directed Philip D'Antoni, who produced both "Bullitt" and "The French Connection."

This one sounds very familiar... I'll have to check into it...

Thanks... [Smile]

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nT0tdDgTitg

This is one of the best car chase scenes in the history of movies (I think). It's from a 1990 movie called "Short Time". It's about a cop who thinks he is going to die soon because his medical records get mixed up with someone else. In order for his wife to collect his pension or insurance money, he must die in the line of duty so he trys to get killed but can't. You have to see this whole movie if you haven't.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assault On Precinct 13 - I love this film, Carpenter's best imo.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved the old Assault on Precinct 13. The new one was ruined with Ethan Hawke and John Singleton imo........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll try my best to avoid that one hehe [Smile]

Last I watched was Thirst, very unusual little Aussie vampire film.

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Horror Express [Big Grin]
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richard Pryor Live...
I absolutly love watchin this with my mates round. best stand up of all time in my opinion.

" COME ON PECKER HEAD " [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of Pryor.... I watched THE MACK a couple of days ago, with the audio comm on, and the stories Max Julien had about Richard Pryor were priceless!

He was one crazy mofo!

[ 18. June 2008, 05:31: Message edited by: JAYLEE ]

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Escape to Witch Mountain
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

a couple of the most recently watched movies for me has been from the 50s the Alfred Hitch**** classic "Rear Window" what a great movie with a suspense that slowly builds up through the whole movie. Totally deserves its classic status.

Then last night I watched the 1966 classic from Sergio Leone "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. It's currently rated #4 over at IMdB of the best movies of all time. Not sure if I would rate it that high myself but it is a very incredible movie. Eli Wallach's portrayal of Tuco is truly one of the most remarkable performances I've ever seen.

Today I added to my classic movie collections by adding Casablanca, Lawrence of Arabia and Once Upon a Time in the West to my collection.

With me acquiring Casablanca I own the Top 10 movies over at IMdB. Keep in mind that the list fluctuates regurlarly.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last movie from the 70's that I watched is "Death Weekend"....It is a scary movie...with Brenda Vaccarro...and it has Don Stroud in it...he was the priest in The Amityville Horror.

Death Weekend isn't really a "horror" movie....it's more like a thriller...but it is so creepy.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Believe it or not last night I finally watched The Godfather for the first time from start to finish. Thought it was a great movie. A lot of people consider it one of the best if not the best movies of all time. I wouldn't put it that high but it definitely deserves all the praise it's received.

I also own The Godfather Part II & The Godfather Part III So I have my next two nights movies all planned out. From what I hear some people actually feel that The Godfather Part II is superior to the first one.

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
Michael Corleone: I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart!!!!

Fredo Corleone: I'm your older brother, Mike, and I was stepped over!

Michael Corleone: That's the way Pop wanted it.

Fredo Corleone: It ain't the way I wanted it! I can handle things! I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

Michael Corleone: Fredo, you're nothing to me now. You're not a brother, you're not a friend. I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you at the hotels, I don't want you near my house. When you see our mother, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. You understand?

Fredo sleeps with the fishes... [Cool]

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

So I watched The Godfather Part II last night. Very very good movie eapecially for a sequel. But I think I prefer the first one more.

Tonight I plan on either watching The Godfather Part III, which is supposed to be good but nowhere near as good as the first two, or the 1962 Oscar winning best picture Lawrence of Arabia Leaning towards Lawrence of Arabia all three hours forty seven minutes of it.

StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
Parts of SammyHain's post:
quote:
So I watched The Godfather Part II last night. Very very good movie eapecially for a sequel. But I think I prefer the first one more...
I agree. The first one is better. The second one is overall very good, but certain sequences stand out better than the entire movie.

quote:
...Tonight I plan on either watching The Godfather Part III, which is supposed to be good but nowhere near as good as the first two, or the 1962 Oscar winning best picture Lawrence of Arabia Leaning towards Lawrence of Arabia all three hours forty seven minutes of it.
The Godfather Part III was a big letdown. Sofia Coppola's performance (as Al Pacino's daughter) was laughable. But to be fair, she was brought in at the last minute after Winona Ryder was too ill just before filming started.

See Lawrence Of Arabia instead. [Smile]

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

actually I ended up watching the Hitch**** classic Vertigo instead
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally got to see OVER THE EDGE, and it was hands down one of the best teen/youth movies I have ever seen! I never expected it to be this good! Awesome movie!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The eternally underappreciated 1941 ("I'm Captain Wild Bill Kelso, United States Army Air Corps. And DON'T you forget it!")
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home