iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 19)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Don't Want To Be Born  -
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Return to Macon County (1975)

- Entertaining Hot Rod/Buddy/Road movie set in 1958.
This is a sequel to the 1974 drive-in flick Macon County Line which i haven´t seen.
Same director, different actors.

Starring Nick Nolte, Don Johnson and Robin Mattson.

-

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Boy and His Dog (1975)

- Interesting post-apocalyptic story set in 2024.
Based on a novella by Harlan Ellison
and starring Don Johnson, Susanne Benton and Jason Robards.

-  -

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think someone has an inapropriate mancrush on "The Don" [Razz]
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, we had a little "thing" going on but it´s over now.
At least for a while [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Westworld (1973). In the holiday resort of Delos, tourists can act out their fantasies of lust as well as violence with robots in MedievalWorld, RomanWorld and WestWorld. Richard Benjamin, on holidays with friend James Brolin, who has visited previously, chooses WestWorld, but starts to panic when the androids malfunction and massacre the tourists. Yul Brynner gives a chilling performance as an android gunslinger who develops a taste for the kill.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Westworld rocks!
Never seen the sequel Futureworld (1976), is that a good one?

Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Westworld rocks!

In his review of that film, Leonard Maltin gives it three stars, so the answer to your question, aTomiK, would most certainly be yes.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Chant of Jimmy Blacksmith (1978). Tommy Lewis, Freddy Reynolds, Angela Punch-McGregor, Ray Barrett, Jack Thompson, Peter Carroll, Elizabeth Alexander, Ruth Cracknell and Peter Sumner. A half-white aborigine who is brought up by a Methodist pastor is caught between two cultures, unable to adapt and is exploited and consequently snaps in a violent over and above horrific manner. From the novel by Thomas Keneally, who has a cameo as a cook.

Sadly based on a true story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Governor

[ 19. December 2009, 12:19: Message edited by: LoverswithCassie ]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
King Kong (1976) - Ugh,I just watched this version for the first time since the 80's. I wish I'd left it there.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Z (1969). Yves Montand, Irene Papas, Jean-Louis Trintignant, Charles Denner, Georges Geret, Jacques Perrin, Francois Perier and Marcel Bozzufi. The murder of a political leader as well as its repercussions for both his supporters together with the perpetrators are the focus of this film.

[ 11. May 2010, 22:24: Message edited by: LoverswithCassie ]

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by There'll be no morning for us:
King Kong (1976) - Ugh,I just watched this version for the first time since the 80's. I wish I'd left it there.

Really [Confused] I picked it up, after not having seen it since the 80's as well. And I really enjoyed it! It's cheesy as all get out, but I actually think it was better than I remembered!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by There'll be no morning for us:

Camp classic outdone by the ludicrious 'King Kong Lives'!

Jessica Lange's memorable, if critically mauled, debut.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Oh dear you 2  -  -
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jack Prescott: There's a girl out there who might be running for her life from some gigantic turned-on ape.

Dwan: [to Kong] You Goddamn chauvinist pig ape!

Beat that 'Citizen Kane'!

I'm actually surprised that Jessica Lange won a Golden Globe for this.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 -

High Society (1956)

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Graduate and Mean Streets
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Westworld rocks!

Speaking truly, aTomik, I'm glad that there is no such adult tourist resort as Delos, for people would become addicted to it if existed in real life.
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Wuthering Heights (1939). Laurence Olivier, Merle Oberon, David Niven, Flora Robson, Donald Crisp, Geraldine Fitzgerald, Leo G. Carroll, Cecil Kellaway, Miles Mander and Hugh Williams. Classic film adaption of the Emily Bronte novel about the poignant romance between Gypsy foundling Heathcliff and his foster father's daughter Catherine Earnshaw.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Friends of Eddie Coyle. If you haven't seen this gem, rent it. It was just released on dvd in May. An ex-con, snitches, bank robbers, gun runners, fast cars and a hockey game featuring the Blackhawks v. the Bruins. I think the guys here will like this one.

[ 30. December 2009, 15:38: Message edited by: Pittsburghgirl ]

Posts: 2290 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot to add- The Friends of Eddie Coyle was filmed in Boston (duh) and stars Robert Mitchum, Richard Jordan (remember him from the Equalizer?), Alex Rocco (Jo's Dad in the Facts of Life) and a slew of other character actors that you will most probably recognize.
Posts: 2290 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Superman
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Return to Macon County (1975)

- Entertaining Hot Rod/Buddy/Road movie set in 1958.
This is a sequel to the 1974 drive-in flick Macon County Line which i haven´t seen.
Same director, different actors.

Starring Nick Nolte, Don Johnson and Robin Mattson.

-

aTomik, did you know that "Return to Macon County" was Nick Nolte's first credited film role?
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hey, that´s actually true my friend!

BTW, i just bought my first Cheri Caffaro flick
called "Too Hot to Handle".

You remember that one?

Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Hey, that´s actually true my friend!

BTW, i just bought my first Cheri Caffaro flick
called "Too Hot to Handle".

You remember that one?

Yes, I definitely remember that one very well! [Smile]

We discussed that on the "Malibu Beach" and "H.O.T.S" thread.

By the way, congratulations on purchasing the Cheri Caffaro film "Too Hot to Handle." I hope that you do find and then buy them all!

This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home