iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 13)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^I've been meaning to pick that one up, sounds good.

Last watched Rabid, Young Frankenstein and my second favourite horror The Wicker Man.

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roller Boogie (1979)

- I liked this one a lot.
Good funky music, nice late 70s fashion and scenery.
Linda Blair and Kimberly Beck sure looked hot back then.
I was surprised that this was directed by Mark L. Lester.
The dvd cover art amazingly looks better than the original.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loved the Wicker Man. Atomik, Over the edge looks pretty good- I'm going to have to check that one out.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prophecy (1979)

- Good nature stikes back style horror movie with strong environmental message.
Directed by John Frankenheimer and starring Robert Foxworth, Talia Shire and Armand Assante.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Born Losers starring Tom Laughlin aka "Billy Jack". This was the first of the Billy Jack movies, and if I remember correctly, after the Born Losers, he didn't carry a weapon in the other Billy Jack movies. I actually liked this one better than the other three- not so much hippie tripe.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Birds (1963) [Big Grin]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Last night I watched:

-

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Lady in Red (1979)

- Nice gangster flick set in 1930s.
Directed by Lewis Teague (Alligator, Cujo, Cat´s Eye)
and written by the great John Sayles (Matewan, Lone Star)
Pamela Sue Martin was good in the title role.

-

-

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Chinatown
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Panic In Needle Park - Superb gritty little film about a group of addicts. Pacino is as wonderful as always in this his first major film role.

-

Mat
Rewind Curious
Member # 7951

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Mat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Deliverance" (John Boorman), recommended in a very interesting list of the 50 best '70s movies : http://www.hollywood70.com/article-30585610.html

I was not disappointed, it's really a great, great movie !

There is also a top 50 for the '80s : http://www.hollywood80.com/article-30586246.html and for the '90s : http://www.hollywood90.com/article-30584729.html

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 -

Jaws 2 - This film is dire, can't believe I used to like this sh*t, ugh.

and also watched:

I was a teenage werewolf (1957)

-

Hee [Big Grin]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Fraternity Row (1977)

- Quite good college flick.

-

DuB1978
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7950

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DuB1978   Email DuB1978   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this movie  -
Posts: 82 | From: Owensboro KY | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Great poster DuB1978!
Never seen that Bronson movie.

DuB1978
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7950

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DuB1978   Email DuB1978   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Great poster DuB1978!

Its a real good movie,you should give it a shot if you can find it.hard movie to find,i lucked up one late night and it was on a local channel here.
Posts: 82 | From: Owensboro KY | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Crazies - They were really crazy [Big Grin]
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Puzzle of a Downfall Child (1970), directed by fashion photographer Jerry Schatzberg. Faye Dunaway is a fashion model living on an island home off the New England coast after a mental collapse who attempts to put together the pieces of her sad life with the succour of photographer Barry Primus. Viveca Lindfors, Barry Morse, Roy Scheider and Barbara Carrera feature as well.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Pooh
Master Rewinder
Member # 5798

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Princess Pooh   Email Princess Pooh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tilt with Brooke Shields, remember that one?
Posts: 156 | From: London | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gold (1974). One of Roger Moore's non-James Bond roles, with Susannah York, Bradford Dillman, Ray Milland and John Gielgud. Criminals plan to take control of the price of gold on the world stock market by destroying a South African gold mine.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Corridors Of Blood (1958) - Ahh, after watching some crappy 00's horrors lately it was nice to get back to the good stuff [Smile]
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Rocky (1976). Sylvester Stallone, in the film that catapulted him into the spotlight and which he scripted too, playing Rocky Balboa, the petty boxer who gets a chance at self-redemption by taking on the reigning champion, Apollo Creed, portrayed by Carl Weathers, in the championship heavyweight title. Talia Shire (as Rocky's girlfriend), Burt Young and Burgess Meredith furthermore feature.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by DuB1978:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Great poster DuB1978!

Its a real good movie,you should give it a shot if you can find it.hard movie to find,i lucked up one late night and it was on a local channel here.
After hearing good things about it from you and others on another board I went ahead and ordered a used copy. Looking forward to it [Smile]
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Onion Field (1979)

- Good movie based on true story.
Great actors here including James Woods, John Savage, Franklyn Seales and Ted Danson in his film debut.

-

Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last 70's movie I actually sat down and watched (for the first time) was Serpico. Not bad, but not excellent either. Kind of draggy in parts. Dog Day Afternoon was far better.

What I am on a quest to find arte two classics from 79 The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh and Scavenger Hunt. Dying to find those on DVD!!!

Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home