iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 12)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched the 9 Hammer Dracula films for the gazillionth time.

Dracula (1958)
The Brides Of Dracula (1960)
Dracula: Prince Of Darkness (1966) - The greatest horror [Big Grin]
Dracula Has Risen From The Grave (1968)
Taste The Blood Of Dracula (1970)
Scars Of Dracula (1970)
Dracula A.D. 1972
The Satanic Rites Of Dracula (1973)
The Legend Of The 7 Golden Vampires (1974)

All pretty fab apart from Dracula A.D 1972 but I can never leave it out when I'm watching the series.

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you like sentimental kids films I watched The Flight Of The Doves on youtube. Filmed in Ireland it reunites two of the stars of Oliver, Ron Moody & Jack Wild. Some odd continuity and a couple of songs mixed but overall 7/10. Very rarely seen on UK TV at least.
Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rock & Roll High School
Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Let_The_Wind_Erase_Me
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6519

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Let_The_Wind_Erase_Me   Author's Homepage   Email Let_The_Wind_Erase_Me   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Warriors 1979
Posts: 25 | From: Northren Ireland | Registered: Jan 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my fave Amicus anthologies, From Beyond The Grave.

-

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donalds Pleasence's daughter Angela was reeeeaaaallll spooky.
Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Hehe, I think that's my favourite section of the film. Either that or the door story. Welcome to the boards harry [Smile]

I last watched Count Dracula (1977). Maybe if I hadn't of seen a million "straight from the book" adaptations already it woulda been different. But as it is I found this a total snoozefest.

Michael Slowack
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7679

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Michael Slowack   Email Michael Slowack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
marathon man
le mans

Posts: 12 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Watched my fave Jekyll film, Dr. Jekyll & Sister Hyde.
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
Spooky how much alike the two leads were.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D6o2ijk8ww

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Deep (1977)

- Decent flick based on the novel by Peter "Jaws" Benchley.

Beautiful Bermuda landscapes and Jacqueline Bisset (nice wet t-shirt scenes [Cool] )
make this one worth watching.
Nick Nolte is.. well Nick Nolte.

Includes long diving scenes,
so don´t try to watch this if you´re feeling sleepy [Wink]

-

Posts: 7055 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Been watching some Tigon horrors, The Beast In The Cellar (1970), The Haunted House Of Horror (1969) and the wonderful Witchfinder General (1968)
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by harry2:
Spooky how much alike the two leads were.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D6o2ijk8ww

Yeah, love the side by side they do at 1:28
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Another Tigon film, this time the woeful 'The Body Stealers' (1969)
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
2 pretty decent films, Tower Of Evil and Martin.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Watched my favourite musical Funny Girl (1968) [Smile]

[ 11. March 2009, 05:17: Message edited by: There'll be no morning for us ]

Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Play Misty For Me on Sky Movies the other night having never seen it before.

Really enjoyed it and you can definitely see the influence it has had on later obssession movies.

Play Noms For Me [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Play Noms For me  -
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
If you are watching Tigon the films do not miss Blood On Satans Claw (aka as Satans Skin in the US) Patrick Wymarks last film, but a standout performance from the younger actors, especially the gorgeous Linda Hayden. Full review here if you haven't discovered this gem of a movie. Filmed a few miles from where I live in a minute village called Bix.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066849/

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard a lot of good things about Blood of Satan's claw, is it available on legit DVD or only bootleg?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It´s a great movie!
Check out here Blood on Satan´s Claw dvd comparison:

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=5380

Posts: 7055 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Yeah, I watched Blood on satan's claw a few months back, really good [Smile]

Last night I watched Shock Waves, I vaguely remembered watching it when I was little. It was great, very creepy. I have to laugh at the cover tho, it says "The best of the nazi zombie movies". Erm, like how many could there be  -  -

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
It's alive - Oh dear  -
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 -
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Over the Edge (1979)

- Fantastic movie!
Great cast and good hard rockin´ soundtrack.

-

This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home