iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 103)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 103 pages: 1  2  3  ...  100  101  102  103   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

20 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... I've seen 86 of the top 100, but only 6 of the additional 20. 28 out of 120 unseen...
Posts: 3320 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 20  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Legend
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hal Ashby may be well-represented, but i do wonder why Harold And Maude (1971) didn't make the list. [Confused]
Posts: 1886 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Legend
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a good point. Harold and Maude may be my favorite of his films.
Posts: 1814 | From: America's Caribbean | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Watched Mario Bava film Five Dolls for an August Moon (1970).

"A small group of people come to an island to relax but soon find themselves trapped on the island with a murderer in their midst." (IMDb)

What a disappointing movie with a one dollar plot.
Stupid charaters killed one by one with no hint of excitement or any sense at all.
The worst Bava flick i´ve seen so far and only beautiful ladies like Edwige Fenech and Helena Ronee got me trough this relatively short film.

Posts: 6671 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Legend
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Five Dolls For An August Moon does have this very catchy song by Italian prog-rock band Il Balletto Di Bronzo :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQuoYKA23bw

That's a good song, and a terrific band !

Posts: 1886 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Legend
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. Five Dolls is easily Bava's worst film--and I've seen 'em all. It has all the signs of a hired-gun/paycheck job with the master just phoning the direction in.
Posts: 1814 | From: America's Caribbean | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Door With Seven Locks (1940)

"I love frolicking in morgues."

Who doesn't! A pretty fun mystery comedy with some great atmosphere at times.

Posts: 3688 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Legend
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crash, that list is great. I have seen a lot of the movies, I would estimate around 50/100. So many on that list that I would like to see. I might have to check the library again soon. Problem is, I haven't been doing a lot of movie viewing, as we have had exceptionally warm weather. That means we haven't been hibernating and watching movies, ha ha.
Posts: 1897 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Necromancy - A 70s film with a creepy cultlike town, voodoo dolls, witchcraft, tarot, dreaminess, raising the dead. All things that should add up to a big yay for me, yet it just all feels so flat up until that fantastic ending.
Posts: 3688 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Legend
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Bert I. Gordon's Necronmancy has eluded me over the years, but it does have one of my favorite 70s actresses in it, Pamela Franklin. She was in three classics: The Innocents, And Soon the Darkness, and The Legend of Hell House. She's always terrific, especially in the small masterpiece And Soon the Darkness.
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to see And Soon the Dakness. Food of the Gods is the only Franklin film i´ve seen. So funny but cool at the same time [Smile]

Pamela doesn´t look very scared confronting that giant rat [Big Grin]
 -

Posts: 6671 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Legend
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
How a good actress like Pamela Franklin hooked up with schlockmeister Bert I. Gordon (Mr."B.I.G." who had big animals and humans and crap in his films) is just beyond me!
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
Bert I. Gordon's Necronmancy has eluded me over the years, but it does have one of my favorite 70s actresses in it, Pamela Franklin. She was in three classics: The Innocents, And Soon the Darkness, and The Legend of Hell House. She's always terrific, especially in the small masterpiece And Soon the Darkness.

Ha, a 70s flick I've seen that you haven't! Like all 3 of those and my fave film she was in is The Nanny [Smile] I also liked Satan's School For Girls. I know you say the remake of darkness is horrid but it's on the horror channel at the weekend so I may be tempted [Confused]
Crash
Rewind Legend
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Yep. Pamela was in those also.

The remake of And Soon the Darkness is horrid. Instead of quiet, unnerving terror on a short stretch of French road, you have Amber Heard with an automatic weapon in a plot about human trafficking in Argentina. Right. It's closer to I Spit on Your Grave than the original masterpiece.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Watched a different type and much better witchy film tonight, The Witchmaker (1969). Really atmospheric and got more interesting as it went along.
  This topic comprises 103 pages: 1  2  3  ...  100  101  102  103   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home