iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Vh-1's I love the 70's

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vh-1's I love the 70's
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny how they got the same people to comment on the 70's as they did on the 80's. Couldn't they have gotten some older people who were actually alive then. I don't even know how they were commenting on stuff that they could not have remembered. What did you guys think of the show? I liked it, except again..I can't let my son watch it, cause they had to add explict stuff like the Joy of Sex book, and Debbie does Dallas, and Deep Throat..I couldn't believe they put pretty graphic stuff on there.

I want to talk about SeaMonkeys and Hong Kong Phooey and Land of the Lost, and music like Queen, and the roller skating songs, and Leif Garret and Shaun Cassidy, and all the cool old shows like Charlie's Angels and Wonder Woman-I loved seeing Lynda Carter-I think she has to be one of the most beautiful women ever on the planet.

Do you guys remember the Battle of the Network Stars show, that was cool to see, they sure don't do that any more, they all were friends- they all knew each other...But, there isn't any tv star I want to see competing in anything now..the people aren't as good looking as they used to be. There is nobody on tv that looks like Lynda Carter, Farrah Fawcett, Jacklyn Smith, Cheryl Ladd, Lindsay Wagner, Lee Majors, Tom Selleck, not even close. And all those people were naturally good looking, not surgically made.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ice-ice-baby:

If you have the Trio network, they've run old Battle of the Networks Stars shows...they are sooo funny to watch now. I recall them as "new" shows (unfortunately revealing my age)and I had to laugh seeing them on Trio (aka, the Pop Culture network). Talk about your T & A show...women in wet t-shirts...really bad innuendo by Howard Co-sell. Too funny.

I have to agree about "I Love the '70s" -- I thought it was more risque than it needed to be what with people's kids watching at that hour. It's one thing to joke about "I love my Oscar Meyer weiner" and quite another to show "Deep Throat." I just thought it could have stayed a little more innocent, but maybe that's my age coming out again. Damn, I hate when that happens.

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't get the Trio Network, but I wish I did, what else does it have on it? Your not showing your age, that doesn't mean your old if you don't want to see nasty garbage, that could cause blindness if exposed to long enough, those people were nasty. There is no reason to add all that tasteless stuff, VH-1 is geared towards teenagers, and I sure didn't want to see that stuff, let alone worry about my kid getting an eye full. There is so much "other" stuff that they could put in, to me-that is so much more fun to see, the commercials, the clothes, the music, the movies, the food, the fads..it goes on forever. They could do more on roller skating, nobody did anything about the movie Roller Boogie-which I think is classic.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trio bills itself as the Pop Culture network, so it's all kinds of stuff -- live music performances, old mini-series (remember "Holocaust" with James Woods & Meryl Streep), lots of shows that were considered ahead of their time or too edgy so they didn't last long (can't recall a specific example right now). I like it since I'm kind of a pop culture queen myself. We get it thru digital, not regular cable.

Joel Levine was one of the commentators on "I Love the 80s Strikes Back" and he reviews TV for Newsweek or Time...he hosts some Trio stuff because he loves pop culture. I like his sense of humor.

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sandy
Rewind Curious
Member # 2259

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sandy   Email sandy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i really luv grease its mint sandy is gr8 in it an john t is fit i luv alll the songs speacialy hopelessly d and summer nights
Posts: 1 | From: england | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home