iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » The Rescuers (1977)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Rescuers (1977)
Ducktalesfan81
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 10446

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ducktalesfan81   Email Ducktalesfan81       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome and underrated Disney classic that i always loved since i saw it 4 times in it's 1989 re-issue in theaters at 7, Wilbur was hilarious as was Bernard and i had a crush on Miss Bianca.

I had the readalong book with cassette, stuffed Bernard and coloring books. The sequel is even better.

Posts: 26 | Registered: Dec 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love it, one of my fave animated films. I went to see it in the 80's too [Smile]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i liked this one too, i really like the hand drawn movies.

my favorite has to be robin hood, great comedy in that one

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to work in a movie theatre as an usher, and they showed that movie in the theatre. It's actually quite good. One of the better Disney movies of the 70's.

Nice voice-over work by Eva Gabor, Bob Newhart, and the late Joe Flynn (who passed away right after working on this film).

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed it's probably the best of the Disney Canon of the 70s, and certainly Don Bluth's high point with the company before striking out solo. An interesting side point: they briefly considered bringing back Cruella de Vil as the villainess in this one, but in the end decided to keep the pictures separate and gave the role to Madame Medusa instead.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i would have liked to seen cruella in this one instead, i think it would been more interesting
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home