iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » The Fifth Floor (1978)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Fifth Floor (1978)
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"A young woman collapses on the disco dance floor of what's revealed to be strychnine poisoning.
Assuming that this is an attempt at suicide, her boyfriend and doctor have her committed to the Fifth Floor,
an asylum with obviously crazy inmates and a predatory orderly. The problem is, she's still sane!" (IMDb)

Watched this wicked asylum thriller directed by Howard Avedis ( They're Playing with Fire).
Starring Dianne Hull, Bo Hopkins, Patti D'Arbanville, Sharon Farrell, Anthony James
and Robert Englund as one of the mental patients.

The cast did a great job, especially Farrell was a real nutcase
and Hopkins one evil SOB.
The crazy thing is that it´s actually based on a true story.

Anyone seen it?

The Fifth Floor trailer

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll tell you, buddy, I am really dating myself here. I saw "The Fifth Floor" in 1980 (imdb.com lists it as 1978, but I know that it wasn't released until much later) at the Academy Theatre, a scummy, yet endearing, grindhouse in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with a bunch of drug addicts, homeless people, and freaks. This was a great way to see this solid little exploitationer written and directed by Howard/Hikmet Avedis, who did a lot of fun, trashy stuff.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the little story, you were in good company there [Cool]
I love to pick up a random movie from the shelf and just enjoy the ride.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home