iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Rocky Horror Picture Show

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rocky Horror Picture Show
Trixie
Rewinder
Member # 545

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Trixie   Email Trixie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This movie rocks! I know the words to all the songs. I learned the Time Warp when I was ten. Anyone else love this movie?
Posts: 47 | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeannie
Master Rewinder
Member # 260

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Jeannie   Email Jeannie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantastic movie! The live show is just as good! Everyone in it's amazing!
Posts: 119 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Cherry Valance
Senior Rewinder
Member # 103

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Cherry Valance   Email Cherry Valance   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This movie is way cool!!!
But i think its da scariest one!!!
I've seen sooo mant scary movies but with this one it's just all those scary faces that freak me out!!!
I love da time warp song...its me n my bestfriends song n we no the dance and the words and everything!!!

Posts: 74 | From: Australia | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
M80sgrl
Rewinder
Member # 332

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for M80sgrl   Author's Homepage   Email M80sgrl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this movie i love the songs in it Time warp and Sweet transvestite lol i was actually watching it this morning
Posts: 38 | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I saw the movie when it first came out in 1975!

Back in those days, the movie was shown in "regular" times. It didn't become a midnight "cult" classic until a few years later.

When I first saw it in the theater, some people (mostly older folks) walked out of the movie, because they didn't understand it and thought it was a freakshow, which it was supposed to be.

My reaction was it was a strange, goofball, campy movie, and that seemed too silly for the mainstream. But there was hardly any such thing as a midnight showing of movies back then.

If you remember the scene in the movie "Fame" (1980), where a bunch of friends go see "Rocky Horror...", by that time, it reached "midnight movie cult" status.

Has anyone seen the sequel, "Shock Treatment" (1981)? I haven't, and I'm not sure if I would want to. And has that movie also been shown during midnight in the theaters?

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home