iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Sci-fi Movie, Late 70's (1977 to 1979)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sci-fi Movie, Late 70's (1977 to 1979)
kapted
Rewind Curious
Member # 9228

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for kapted   Email kapted   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a movie that I saw when I was around 11. The main idea was in around the late 60's or so a group of scientists find buried within a building foundation a cylindrical shape with a needle nose of capsule type and try to figure out it's secrets. I somewhat recall it taking place in London, England or New York, USA.

I can't tell you who was in it or exactly when it came out. I was taken to this movie as a "group event" and had no say in the matter. But 30 years later it bugs me that can't remember the name.

ps. I am "assuming" that the movie was new 30 years ago. It could have been made earlier and the theater just had it "lying around".

Thanks.

[ 31. October 2010, 11:24: Message edited by: kapted ]

Posts: 3 | From: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it be this?

The Andromeda Strain(1971):
 -

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qEsqjJAY-k

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kapted
Rewind Curious
Member # 9228

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for kapted   Email kapted   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Pyromatic.
No, this isn't the one. I did see this on TV about 10 months ago or so. Thanks for responding quickly though.

Posts: 3 | From: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'The Quatermass Experiment'? There are a few different movies:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049646/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062168/

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kapted
Rewind Curious
Member # 9228

Rate Member
logan5,
I don't know how I did it, but I stumbled upon a youtube video for a show called "prof. quartermass". Something about the setup and dressing of the characters made me think that I have seen this before. I went to wikipedia and found that the U.S. title for the "Quartermass Experiment" is "Five Million Years to Earth".

Thanks to you and Pyromatic for caring, and I have finally solved the riddle.

So, it wasn't made in the 70's, it was just shown to me then.

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember seeing this about 15 years ago. At the time I found it pretty eerie.

-

-  -  -  -

I might have to watch it tonight.

[ 19. November 2010, 07:45: Message edited by: J2ME ]

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home