iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » ROOTS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ROOTS
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone seen ROOTS? Im thinking of NETFLIXing it (9 DVD set)
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kunta Kinte. I just felt like saying it. I recall Roots being fairly good, but I haven't seen any of it for years.

The early 80's version of 'Brideshead Revisited' is great, too (actually, one of best TV series' ever!) 'I Claudius' is supposed to be great, but I only ever saw a couple of episodes.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eastood mcQueen
Rewind Curious
Member # 8171

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Eastood mcQueen   Email Eastood mcQueen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just finished watching the complete Roots series again,but it seemed pretty lame compared to the first time i watched it when i was a kid.The most shocking thing about roots now would be the racist language and not much else,although im not detracting from the well documented suffering that the people abducted from Africa had to endure for so long. In the main i think the main reason it was popular in the 70's was that there wasnt really much else on tv those days..
Posts: 2 | From: Ireland | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That whipping scene is referenced in "They Call Me Bruce," when the Polish hired killer flogs a dummy while quoting some of the dialogue from that scene.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent series and an even better book.

Needs to be remade today, perhaps as a feature film.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home