iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » California Dreaming

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: California Dreaming
chickofthe80
Rewinder
Member # 1934

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for chickofthe80   Email chickofthe80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone seen this movie that came out in 1979? If you have can you tell me what happens in the plot? I am trying to find a movie I have been lookin for a long time and I cannot figure out of this is it!! Thank you
Posts: 46 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ERIC 31
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1793

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ERIC 31   Author's Homepage   Email ERIC 31   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Caliornia Dreaming. I snuck into this movie back in 79 cause I was only 13 and couldn't buy a ticket!

An uncool guy from the midwest somewhere (Dennis Christopher) moves out to Southern Cal and tries to become cool on the beach with all the beach bum, surfer, Malibu barbies. Meets a local girl (Glynnis O'Connor) and falls in love. Standard romance plot follows. Don't remember how it ended, it's been a few years!

Hope this helps!

Posts: 87 | From: NOR CAL | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually go to imdb.com for movie questions, so perhaps you'll find more info there if you really need it.

Glynnis O'Connor did a lot of TV stuff in the '70s -- Boy in the Plastic Bubble, Ode to Billie Joe. She was kind of the Valerie Bertinelli/Melissa Gilbert/insert-appropriate-TV movie-actress of her day and I sure did want to be Glynnis (especially being in a movie with JT).

I guess I missed this movie what with it being overshadowed by "Breaking Away" which is one of those coming-of-age things that you can't not watch over & over. Dennis has had a checkered movie history but he'll pop up now & then on the indie circuit.

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spreadking
Master Rewinder
Member # 7280

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spreadking   Email Spreadking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dig up an old post!

Any of you remember this flick.

It was solid, but the ending always made me cry. It was one of the most beautiful moments ever frozen in film history.

Posts: 215 | From: Central TX | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home