iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Your Fave 70's horror movie/movies are........

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Your Fave 70's horror movie/movies are........
KING 80'S
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7744

4 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for KING 80'S   Email KING 80'S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vincent Price's Twice Told Tales
Alfred Hitch****'s Rear Window
Vincent Price's Movies
Alfred Hitch****'s Movies
Phantasm
Carrie
The Omen

[ 04. April 2009, 09:11: Message edited by: KING 80'S ]

Posts: 95 | From: CANADA | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite 70's horror movies are:

Death Weekend
The Amityville Horror
Piranha
The Exorcist
The Omen
Halloween

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite non horror 70s movies are:

Saturday Night Fever
Jaws
Grease
The Other Side of the Mountain

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Wicker Man
The House That Dripped Blood
From Beyond The Grave
Countess Dracula
Vampire Circus
Phantasm
Dr. Jekyll And Sister Hyde
Satan's Slave
Psychomania
Salem's Lot
Horror Express
The Brood
The Vampire Lovers
Scars Of Dracula
Twins Of Evil
Carrie
Dawn Of The Dead
And Now The Screaming Starts
The Amityville Horror
Tales From The Crypt
The Vault Of Horror
To The Devil A Daughter
Jaws
Nosferatu
The Abominable Dr Phibes
The Omen
Halloween
Dracula (1979)
The Beast Must Die
Shivers
Assault On Precinct 13
Count Dracula (1970)
The Wizard Of Gore
Asylum
Shock Waves

And on and on and on.

Me loooves 70's horror [Big Grin] [Razz]

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amityville
The Omen
Halloween
Salems Lot
Carrie
Dawn of the dead

Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And.....
Texas chainsaw massacre
The exorcist
Nosferatu

Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I forgot about Carrie-I love that movie.
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TBNMFU, since we both appreciate the same thing I highly recommend this book. It's a goldmine of info and pictures from the 70's.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ten-Years-Terror-British-Films/dp/0952926083/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1238611812&sr=8-1

Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Omen
Wicker Man
Halloween
The Legend of Hell House

Props to no morning for mentioning The Beast Must Die!

Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phantasm
Halloween
Carrie
'Salem's Lot
Amityville Horror

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
The Amityville Horror was on last night, I watched the very end...that music gives me the creeps.
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey isis i think the music is what makes the movie scary? same thing with the shining that music always gets to me very dramatic!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
The halloween music gives me the chills
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned Don't Look Now !

Some of my other favourites mostly British made.

The Wicker Man
The Man Who Haunted Himself
The Abominable Mr Phibes
Dr Phibes Rises Again
The Medusa Touch
The Omen
Black Christmas
Asylum
From Beyond The Grave
Horror Express
Theatre Of Blood

and the wonderfully corny

Dracula 1972.

Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
January Woman
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7815

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for January Woman   Email January Woman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Omen
Exorcist
The Legend of Hell House

Posts: 23 | From: BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
January Woman
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7815

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for January Woman   Email January Woman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooops I forgot Phantasm - the Tall Man always creeps me out.
Posts: 23 | From: BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
January Woman
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7815

Member Rated:
And last but not least Dial 'M' for Murder was a pretty good thriller.
SPELLBINDER
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7901

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SPELLBINDER   Email SPELLBINDER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KING 80'S:
Vincent Price's Twice Told Tales
Alfred Hitch****'s Rear Window
Vincent Price's Movies
Alfred Hitch****'s Movies
Phantasm
Carrie
The Omen

Posts: 13 | From: Detroit The Motor City | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SPELLBINDER
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7901

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SPELLBINDER   Email SPELLBINDER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Let's not forget The Exorcist
Posts: 13 | From: Detroit The Motor City | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home