iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW: Mr Tudball and Miss Whiggins

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW: Mr Tudball and Miss Whiggins
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anybody remember this sketch form THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW? Tim Conway was the boss Mr Tudball and Carol Burnette (in a blonde wig) was his ditzy, (sexy), incompetant secretary Miss Whiggins (which he pronunuced "Miss Haaa-wigiins"). This -and the "Mama" sketches were my favorites on the show.

I remember when I was a kid/ teenager when i was staring to get chubby my father would call me "Miss Whiggins"...but soon enough we realized "Tudball" was a funnier name so whenever someone was getting fat we'd say they were "starting to look like a tudball".

The thing that just made me think of this is that my chihuahua weeighs about ten pounds and I just said to her" Wow, you're getting to be a little tudball" and my daughter said "What is a tudball?" I cant believe in ten years she's never heard me use that word before!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i remember those sketches i loved them in fact i just saw a commercial recently to buy the dvd's of the carol burnett show and they showed it!! those sketches were the best part of her show in my opinion!!! dee
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3P2dbwrT_fQ&feature=related
Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A very very funny sketch. I've seen a show which highlighted the "out takes"....not really out takes as they were live, but skits where one would start laughing and couldn't stop...hysterical.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have seen that also very funny stuff!! i laughed til i cried!!! lol
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home