iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Black Christmas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Black Christmas
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched it. I saw it once a few years ago, it was really creepy. I had forgotten how scary it actually was. There were unanswered questions in it though...the end left alot of questions. Has anyone seen it? I know they remade it recently, did anyone see the remake?
I forgot John Saxton was in it, I always liked him as an actor.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen it, love scary movies.
Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its a good un.. Some say the first real slasher..
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if i saw it i don't remember it so i will have to check it out? love scary flicks also!!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a very creepy movie. It's fun to see Margot Kidder and Andrea Martin (SCTV) in this one. The remake gets more into the killers background. WHich for me was okaaaay... but I find it scarier that your killer has no motive.
Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never seen the original but I've seen the remake. The remake is good, I think, of course I do love the horror! I do want to see the original, though. If anyone wants to see the remake they've got it really cheap now. I'm glad I didn't buy it when it first came out!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The original, as far as I'm concerned, is one of the greatest horror movies ever. Creepy, unsettling and genuinely scary - it still stands up 30-odd years later. [Eek!]

.....However - the remake is an utterly worthless pile of crap!!!! AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!!

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched this (Original) on Blu-ray last night.

It was one of the best horror films I've ever seen, very creepy and atmospheric.

I like the fact that you don't get to know anything about Billy/Agnes -- that makes it far scarier.

The PQ/SQ is adequate. It is undoubtedly the best it has ever looked, but I still feel they could have done a better job of it. Oh well.

Black Christmas (Blu-ray Review)

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i got my dvd in the mail today so we will either watch it tonight or tomorrow night can't wait love scary movies !!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
we watched it last night we actually laughed at the old lady and margot's part she was never sober lol i liked the movie but bill did not he said it was more funny then scary and he didn't like the end where they didn't show who did the killing but i thought that part was great myself keeps you wondering? love john saxon too i just can't believe i never heard of this movie or saw it before? but i am glad i got it lol did they make a sequel to this movie at any time?
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think they ever made a sequel. I liked the old lady in this movie too, she was hysterical. Margot Kidder and the old lady should have started an AA support group.

When the first girl gets killed...and the killer is in the closet- that part gave me the creeps.

There is a part just like that in the movie "He Knows Your Alone", where the killer is inside the clothing in the wedding shop- he's inbetween the bridal gowns. That give me the total creeps.

When I was a kid I was deathly afraid of someone either being under my bed or in my closet.

I use to even check under my bed every night, before getting in bed, and I couldn't stand to sleep without a night light- and that was way before I ever even saw a scary movie.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The original is one of the first and best serial killer movies predating Halloween and Friday The 13th by some distance chronologically and in terms of quality. Bob Clark went on to make the excellent Murder By Decree, a Sherlock Holmes/Jack The Ripper hybrid, with a stellar UK cast. Next up was Porky's !
Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home