iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Kiss (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Kiss
KISSMAD
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4412

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for KISSMAD   Email KISSMAD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
My son said that the 2 new members of KISS were kicked out for doing drugs.

He said they NEVER did drugs. Which I never knew that, but that's pretty cool.

It seemed the only "addiction" Gene Simmons had was to women.

Eric and Tommy are still with Kiss and are currently recording a new CD.
Posts: 65 | From: Aussieland | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KISSMAD
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4412

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for KISSMAD   Email KISSMAD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KISSMAD:
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
My son said that the 2 new members of KISS were kicked out for doing drugs.

He said they NEVER did drugs. Which I never knew that, but that's pretty cool.

It seemed the only "addiction" Gene Simmons had was to women.

Eric and Tommy are still with Kiss and are currently recording a new CD.
I think your son means Ace and Peter who were part of the original lineup. He is wrong is he believes that Ace and Peter never did drugs.
Posts: 65 | From: Aussieland | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So who is currently in Kiss besides Gene and Paul? I can't keep track now. All I know is they haven't had new material since Psycho Circus which was like 12 years ago.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last I knew Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer were both still in Kiss.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, singer is still there. Any idea what Bruce Kulick is doing these days?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KISSMAD
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4412

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
Wow, singer is still there. Any idea what Bruce Kulick is doing these days?

Bruce is recording his new CD titled BK3.
Eric is there to stay and I think Tommy will be there till the end as well.

The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just checking out all the old KISS videos from the '80s that I used to watch. I liked Lick It Up, Crazy Crazy Nights, Reason to Live and really anything KISS has done besides the slower ballad types.
Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't care too much for Kiss in the 80's with the exception of the "Creatures of the Night Album" and a few songs here and there. Overall I thought their 80's stuff failed in comparison to their 70's material.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I feel the same way, I like a few songs off the Elder and the Creatures album, but not a huge fan of the rest of the decade. Ace Frehley will always be my favorite Kiss guitarist. I was watching some of the later 80's Kiss concerts on the 2nd volume DVD and there's too much shred and **** in the guitar playing. Plus they look so much better in makeup.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

They tried too hard to be a hair metal band and failed IMHO.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I think a lot older bands tried to stay current putting power ballads in their repetoire( Heart, Cheap Trick), Kiss's Forever, trying to stay trendy. I did like two songs off Revenge, Unholy and Domino. Thought a heavier, bluesier feel was a better alternative than something like Crazy Nights. All through the Kiss catalog, I have never been a fan of Paul Stanley sung songs. He just kind of irks me, "it's gonnah be oneofthosehoteth naghts, everybodee!" People like James Brown can get away with it, but not him.
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm one of the few that likes both 70's and 80's Kiss, I guess. I even like the ballads by Kiss alot too.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well aren't you a bunch of party poopers. I won't post about KISS in the '80s then. And Paul Stanley carried KISS through the '80s, Riptide.
Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love 80s Kiss and The Horned King, Kiss sure did fantastic videos !
At the same time i can agree that Unholy and Domino are great tunes.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Hey, it's just comparing Kiss of the 70's to the one of the mid 80's and 90's is like comparing apples to oranges. Paul is a great showman, great interview, don't get me wrong, I just prefer Gene's tougher style. Kiss are actually coming here July 13th, and I will be getting tickets when they go on sale this Saturday. Nobody puts on a live show like Kiss.
Colt 45
Master Rewinder
Member # 4940

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Colt 45   Email Colt 45   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get KISS mixed up with the insane clown posse sometimes because they both wear makeup.
Posts: 124 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

To take that one step further ICP is from Detroit and KISS had a song called "Detroit Rock City". Could they be the same band perhaps? I've never seen them together.
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
Hehehe! I get a little afraid of the Slipknot clown and "nose man"....
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Didn't ICP have some fued going with another Detroit act? Was it Kid Rock or Eminem? Can't remember.
skibbet
Rewind Curious
Member # 7760

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for skibbet   Author's Homepage   Email skibbet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember the movie well. Ace's voice was overdubbed by another actor. I was thinking Paul Williams was in it too I will have to check imdb again.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, I wonder why they did that?

BTW, welcome to the rewind skibbet!

- jdocster [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Didn't Kate Hudson's father have a bit role in Phantom as a ticket taker? Was it Bill Hudson?
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was ten I was the champion Kiss pinball player in the local arcade. The old "Crack" when you got the special.

http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/kiss/kiss_pinball.html

Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wearing my KISS t-shirt (as given to me by the lovely Duckie) yesterday, and my mum said I looked like Paul Stanley hahaha....WITH the makeup I might add.....star child/earth angel, I must make me the epitome of ethereal innocence [Wink]
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Anyone collect other Kiss stuff(dolls, toys, pinball machines)? I know they are one of the kings as far as merch goes. Anyone here ever been to a Kiss convention?
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home