iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Alice, Sweet Alice

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Alice, Sweet Alice
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it any good? I saw clips during one of those 100 Scariest Movie Moments of All-time, and it looked good. But then I watched the first 15 minutes or so and thought it was kinda weird. Any thoughts?
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovely_julie
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6249

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for lovely_julie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved it! I got it on VHS and just saw it the other day on tv. It's good. You should like it.
Posts: 61 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's been on cable lately, but i haven't sat down to watch it. i wanted to though!

i'll have to record it next time. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it! It's totally under-rated. it's got some damn fine creepy stuff goin' on! Highly recommended.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally watched this in it's entirety over the weekend. It wasn't half bad. I did feel like it ran a lot longer than 107 minutes. I was surprised at how gory some of the scenes were but it was a pretty decent horror movie. I will say this, Brooke Shields, as a little girl, was a hell of a lot creepier than the girl who played Alice. I couldn't look at her...it was just wrong! Come to think of it, there's something about her to this day that creeps me the eff out!! Yikes!!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to see this movie, sounds creepy! The Brooke Shields? Wow, I have never found her creepy at all, is it the forehead?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always liked Paula Sheppard's performance in this movie - she was really creepy. And as far as the movie goes, it does a great job of keeping you guessing and blitzing you with some rather shocking kill scenes. The biggest drawback is just the lethargic pacing and the overall drab '70s look (God, those '70s film stocks were bad).
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home