iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Looking for a 70's or 80 movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking for a 70's or 80 movie
Richman
Rewind Curious
Member # 7113

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Richman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking for a 70;s or 80's movie. Some guy returns to his hometown to see or help his sick mother
Posts: 8 | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That seems a "little" vague.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richman
Rewind Curious
Member # 7113

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Richman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I realize thats it is vaugue, but I only saw the first 10-15 min and it takes place in a small southern town.

I saw the movie on HBO back in the seventies

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Confused]

Could be 70s or 80s, you only saw 10 or 15 minutes? That's not much to go on... Who was the actor or actress? Comedy, horror, drama... Anything?

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richman
Rewind Curious
Member # 7113

Rate Member
The movie is a drama, possible horror movie.
What I remember is a sheriff(sp) catching two kids making out in a car while he is with a women other then his wife.

And then we meet the guy returning home to see his mother. The guy then runs into an old girlfriend. And thats all I remember

This was a "B" movie. Its was along the same genre as "The Great Texas Dynamite Chase"

Nobody that I remember as famous or noteworthy

StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richman:

I have not seen the movie, but after reading your previous post, I keep thinking of the following titles:

Buster and Billie
Aloha, Bobby and Rose
The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia

I have not seen any of these movies, but could your answer be anyone of them?

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richman
Rewind Curious
Member # 7113

Rate Member
Thank you for the suggestions, but after I googled the movies, I am pretty sure that these movies are not it.

I wish I had a definative list of all movies released in the 70's. I realize that would be a huge undertaken.

There are two 70's movies that I have not seen on DVD One is called Homebodies( a bunch of old people being evicted from thier aprtments kill people) and "burnt Offerings(horror) with I think Allen Reid(brithish actor he was in the Whos "Tommy" and I think Bruce dern shows up in this to) Its about a house that turns it occupients crazy. scared the hell out of me

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if it was a horror, then it might be 'The Town That Dreaded Sundown':

IMDB The Town That Dreaded Sundown

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richman
Rewind Curious
Member # 7113

Rate Member
Logan:

Thanks for the help.

But I do not think this is it. I think I remember the ending of this, with the police just about to grab the hooded man, the hooded man crosses the tracks, just before a freight train comes across the tracks...never to be caught..

But thanks anyways

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Toolbox Murders
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Change that

I'm pretty sure it's

The Town That Dreaded Sundown

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

read some of the comments regarding the town that dreaded sundown and they talk about the killer crossing railroad tracks at the end of the movie.
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he's saying that he already remembers the ending of 'The Town That Dreaded Sundown' (with the train tracks) and that it didn't match the film he was looking for.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home