iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » 70's New York

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 70's New York
robburne
Rewind Curious
Member # 6533

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for robburne   Email robburne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I am looking for your recommendations of 70's movies set in 70's New York.

I have seen an enjoyed Annie Hall, Manhattan, French Connection, Saturday Night Fever etc,.

Anything that captures the mood and feel of the 1970's New York interests me so if you have any titles to put into the hat I thank you in advance.

Rob.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A list of New York-based movies of the 70's would have to include almost any Woody Allen movie (except Love And Death) and a lot of Neil Simon plays/movies.

But also include...

Taxi Driver
The Seven Ups
Where's Poppa?
Across 110th Street
Kramer Vs. Kramer
Shaft
Death Wish
Bang The Drum Slowly
Klute
Marathon Man
An Unmarried Woman
The Sunshine Boys
The Out Of Towners
(the original 1970 version)
The Panic In Needle Park
Joe
Plaza Suite
Network
King Kong
Mean Streets
Love At First Bite
The Landlord
(a truly underrated film!)
All That Jazz
Three Days Of The Condor
Superman
The Taking of Pelham One Two Three

I was going to include New York, New York and the Godfathers, #1 and #2, but they take place in the 1940's.

Hope this helps! [Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jayeh1969
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4654

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jayeh1969   Email jayeh1969   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Warriors
Posts: 60 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robburne
Rewind Curious
Member # 6533

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for robburne   Email robburne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys those movies should keep me busy for a few months!

Rob.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And many classic Sesame Street clips also evoke the feel of 70s New York as well.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home