iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Eat My Dust

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eat My Dust
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone witness this slice of cheese? It's a known fact that anything that has Roger Corman's name attatched to it is pure Velveeta.
The movie is basically about a boy (Ron Howard) who wants to impress a girl and win a date with her so he steals a race car and they take off on a wild ride from all the cops in town and the Sherriff (who is the boy's father.)
It's basically Smokey and the Bandit meets Dukes of Hazzard on a shoestring budget. (like most of Corman's movies.)
It was enjoyable just watching Ron Howard try to be a rebel.
No matter how hard he tries, he just can't shake that Richie Cunningham "nice guy" stereotype.
Ron's Dad & Brother also have roles in this movie.
I think he puts his brother Clint in every movie he works on.
To me, Clint Howard is the most butt-ugliest human being ever to walk the planet. And that's being nice about it. That guy is so freaky looking.
If you've never seen Eat My Dust, go check it out.

Corman & Ron Howard follows this movie up with another movie called Grand Theft Auto. Corman actually let Ron Howard direct for the very first time in it.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home