iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Zorro

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Zorro
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw The Legend Of Zorro today and was pretty entertained by it but I still think that The Mark Of Zorro starring Tyrone Power & Basil Rathbone is the greatest Zorro movie of all time. Don't get me wrong, I think Antonio makes a supurb Zorro and he is probably my favorite actor to potray the character...it fits him like a glove! I enjoyed his first outing as Zorro very much, but I like the story and the feel of the Mark Of Zorro better. I guess I'm just a sucker for the classics.
Guy Williams was ok as Zorro, but that series was a little too silly for me. I really enjoyed Frank Langella (of Dracula fame) as Zorro in the made for tv remake of the Mark Of Zorro that came out in the '70s. I also enjoyed the lower budget Alain Delon version of Zorro and the really low budget Guy Stockwell movie The Three Swords Of Zorro.
I enjoyed the '90s Family Channel series "The New Adventures of Zorro" that starred Duncan Rheger (sp). I liked it much more that the Guy Williams series.
I even liked the '80s cartoon series but I didn't like the '90s cartoon series. There was something about the animation style that bugged me.
I won't get into George Hamilton's The Gay Blade or the very short lived Disney comedy series from the early '80s called Zorro & Son. They were ok but too silly for me.
I am a huge Zorro fan and have even seen the silent Douglas Fairbanks Zorro movies and the 3 Zorro serials that were made in the '30s or '40s. I just think the character is awesome. I like the Lone Ranger just as much!
I hope there is another Antonio Banderas Zorro movie to be made but I just hope that in the next one he leaves the wife and kid at home and has a solo and much more serious adventure.
Who else saw the new movie or likes Zorro?

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home