iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » The Wicker Man

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Wicker Man
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody seen this? Is it good?
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a classic. Genuinely original, and Christopher Lee is superb. Check it out for sure!
Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I havent seen it yet.
Thanks for reminding me.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigworld
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3107

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bigworld   Email bigworld   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi this is one of the best brit horror films, the cast are great and the story is superb, one of the most genuinely haunting film endings of all time.

As an aside I live 10 miles away from Culzean Castle which was used as a location.

George

Posts: 58 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched it last night. May not be the SCARIEST "Horror" films I've ever seen, but definately one the strangest!
The soundtrack alone is a real mind bender.
This movie was refreshingly different from any other movie I 've ever seen.

To anyone who hasnt seen it: Dont ask any questions, dont even read the box: the less you know going in the better the surpirses are.
I think I had heard somewhere about the ending of the film so I sort of knew what was coming. Best to watch this one in going in totally clueless.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are doing a remake with Nicolas Cage. I hope they don't ruin a true classic...

http://movies.about.com/od/sobieskileelee/a/wicker080905.htm

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home