iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Black Christmas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Black Christmas
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone remember this? I guess it must have come out around the same time as "Halloween" (the greatest horror movie of all time - bar none!).

My memories of it are somewhat sketchy, but it was basically a "psycho killer stalks sorority girls" type affair, with mr Psycho taking up residence in the attic, and making menacing phone calls to the girls downstairs....whilst bumping them off one by one!

What I DO remember, is that the killer had the creepiest, most unsettling voice I have EVER heard.......and it's scared the living sh*te outta me for the past 25 years!! [Eek!]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Black Christmas! It was kinda freaky. I remember one scene where he is behind the door and the girl looks and can see his eye. That always freaked me out. That is a great scare.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have Black Christmas on DVD. Margot Kidder is in it and Olivia DeHussey. Alot of people think the movie When a Stranger Calls kind of ripped off their idea from this movie, of having the killer call the girls from inside their own house. That is pretty much the scariest part.
That eyeball scene is definately scary. But, it leaves the ending wide open and your never quite sure who the killer was, and if they got the right person, and if not.. then who the heck was it.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually had an argument with people at imdb over the identity of the killer.
SPOILER COMING:
I said "Well, if it wasnt the boyfriend of the girl who wanted an abortion, who was it?"
and they said "Billy!" and I said "Who the hell was "Billy"?" and they said "The crazy guy livinging in the closet" and I was like "Okay, so he WASNT a main charactor...and it was never explained who he really was and why he killed people and how he got in the attic in the first place! The movie sort of "cheats" then, doesnt it?" and they got mad I said it "cheats"!!!
People also told me their personal interpetations that Billy had grown up in the house and killed his baby sister Agnes and thats why he was up there and...well, whatever. I just think it wasnt fair to string us along TWICE: once with the boyfriend and ALSO once with a guy who is killing kids at a nearby park. And then at the end, nope: its neither of them! "It's Billy". Too pat an answer for my liking.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks - you guys have good memories! Looks like I'll have to track down a copy and refresh mine.

.....And I remember the eyeball scene now! AAARGGHHH - nightmare city!!! I'll be sleeping with the lights on for weeks now! [Eek!] [Wink]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah...I remember them finding the little girl in the park (dead)...but I haven't seen it in 2 years maybe, and if I remember right...it didn't seem to connect. It obviously wasn't the boyfriend, because of the scene at the end, wasn't he back up in the attic? I remember the girl is at the hospital at the end...or is it the house??...and everyone leaves her alone...and isn't she semi sedated or sleeping...and you can tell there is someone else there in the room.

I don't like movies like that when you make up any kind of ending you want...then the whole thing isn't believable at all. It has to make sense to me...like there has to be an explaination for why the killer kills people.

I saw on the front page of a tabloid today in the store...that they said the BTK Killer had celebrities on his "hit" list, and it showed a picture of Meg Ryan and Halle Barre. Does anybody know that story??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember watching this while I was walking on the treadmill quite a few years ago. I couldn't follow it very well because I was breathing to heavy I guess. I need to see this one again.

Doesn't it have Olivia ?? from Romeo and Juliet in it? I think that is the main reason I wanted to watch it because I hadn't seen her in anything else.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it's Olivia Hussey from Romeo and Juliet. She's one of the main charcters.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home