iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » A Boy and His Dog (1975)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Boy and His Dog (1975)
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just thought I would mention this one, as I’m sure it has passed some of you by, it used to be shown on TV here in the 80s. I was always attracted to it as it was billed in TV guides here as being set after the fourth world and I’ve always liked the apocalyptic theme. I thought I was an ok film. If you don't know this film at all i'm sure your be surprised at the 80s leading man who plays the boy!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072730/

I’ve also found there seems to be a bit of a cult following for this film and is based on a much better book it seems. Some peoples thought on plots etc.

http://www.allscifi.com/board.asp?BoardID=4486

Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not seen this movie, but I've heard of it while growing up in the 70's.

Is this the one with Don Johnson, way before "Miami Vice"?

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, this is the one with Don Johnson in it. It wasnt a great film but definatley worth wathcin if you like films of this genre...
Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw it back in the day. I thought it was cool and I really liked the twist at the end.
Classic cool.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home