iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Katie Holmes = Wonder Woman???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Katie Holmes = Wonder Woman???
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend sent me a link about Katie Holmes is up for the part of Wonder Woman in the new movie. So, apparently there will be a movie soon, which I would love to see, but can't see them doing anything but making it another comedy. I think Katie Holmes is ok, but she looks more like Debra Winger's character...the little sister of Wonder Woman. I think someone more mature should play Wonder Woman.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. I don't think shes Wonder Woman material either.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISIS opines:
quote:
I think someone more mature should play Wonder Woman.
Yeah. Me. [Smile]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think someone more mature should play Wonder Woman.

Bea Arthur!

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get Lynda Carter back to strut her stuff! [Wink]
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Katie Holmes and her new beau Tom Cruise could be heading to Australia for a working holiday.

Holmes, with her long brunette locks, is one of Hollywood's top candidates to play Wonder Woman in producer Joel Silver's film about the sexy superhero.

Silver has earmarked Australia as the likely shoot location for the big-budget project and Holmes says if the script is good, she might be interested in donning the red, white and blue costume and bullet-reflecting bracelets.

"I'd have to read it," Holmes said in Los Angeles while promoting her new film, another big-budget comic adaptation, Batman Begins.

As a child growing up in Toledo, Ohio, Holmes said she idolised Wonder Woman, the superhero brought to life by actress Lynda Carter in the 1970s television series.

"I was part of the majority of little girls that loved Wonder Woman," Holmes said.

Hollywood-based Silver, whose films have made more than $5 billion ($6.6 billion) worldwide, says Australia is his favourite place to shoot. In recent years he made the Matrix trilogy, House of Wax and Ghost Ship in Australia.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon will write the Wonder Woman script.

After her successful TV series Dawson's Creek and a number of strong performances in independent films such as Pieces of April, Holmes, 26, received her first taste of large-scale Hollywood film-making on Batman Begins.

Batman Begins reportedly cost $120 million ($159 million) to make and, with strong early reviews and a unique approach to the Batman genre by delving into the early life Bruce Wayne, the film will likely be one of the biggest hits of 2005.

Holmes, who plays a tough district attorney and love interest of the young Wayne, did not get to don a cape or costume, but the scale of the project impressed her.

"You have to have a good story in whatever medium you're involved in and this has a great story," Holmes, who surprised the entertainment world when she unveiled her romance with Cruise in late April, said of Batman Begins.

"It was exciting. The size of it, the sets, it was extraordinary."

------------------------------------------------

I heard Sara Michelle Gellar was trying to land the role of Wonder Woman also. And with Joss Whedon as the writer, you would think she might have a shot.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Steven...you never know....anything is possible, you better go audition...I know I'd pay money to see you in a Wonder Woman costume- [Eek!] [Wink] [Razz]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Katie Holmes as Wonder Woman?? [Eek!] Why?? I can't stand her voice, she sounds like a little girl. WW is supposed to be tough, a super hero not someone like Katie " I date for publicity" Holmes!

Ok, sorry if I offended any of her fans, she's not all bad but she seems to be stuck at the age of 12.

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
Katie Holmes and her new beau Tom Cruise could be heading to Australia for a working holiday

Yeah what a publicity stunt! Tom on Oprah jumping around like a complete 455! A joke I tell you! As soon as their movie together finishes flopping like a fish out of water itll be over for those two.
Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard that the girl from Felicity and the girl from Lost were also up for Wonder Woman. Several years ago, Sandra Bullock was going to be Wonder Woman, but that project was dropped.
I would go see Evangiline Lilly as WW!

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joss Whedon writing the script sounds promising--I'm still giggling trying to imagine Sarah Michelle Gellar as Wonder Woman, though. I agree that it should be a more mature woman--After all, she IS Wonder Woman and not Wonder Girl.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that Katie's star is going to soar since she is now with Mr. Cruise. I am not so sure that I can see her as Wonder Woman either. I had red at one time also that Sandra Bullock was up for the part, now I can see that one. Really though I don't know who else I could see playing Diana Prince.

Evangiline Lilly may be a good pick but she may have to put on a little more muscle first.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG enough of the remakes already! I like Katie Holmes okay, but they just shouldn't remake anymore movies. And they should definitely not remake Wonder Woman. That is so stupid and it has gotten outta control with all of the remakes. I mean good grief apprently there are no more writers in Hollywood with any origianl ideas. Maybe some of us could write some scripts and head to Hollywood. Rock we know you can write, so why don't you head on out there? Apparently there is no competition at all...... [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually like Cathy Lee Crosby as Wonder Woman. She was in the TV Movie that preceded the show with Lynda Carter. Wait a minute, check out that costume...Lynda Carter's was way better!

-

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How old is Cathy Lee Crosby these days? I know that ISIS said that someone "more mature" should play Wonder Woman. But Cathy Lee Crosby? Wouldn't that make her 'Wonder Grandma'?

[Eek!]

How about Lucy Lawless?

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lucy Lawless would be a more obvious choice. OMG look at that outfit! It's awful! [Eek!]
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCU
Master Rewinder
Member # 2851

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JCU   Email JCU   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MONSOON:
Yeah what a publicity stunt! Tom on Oprah jumping around like a complete 455! A joke I tell you! As soon as their movie together finishes flopping like a fish out of water itll be over for those two.

Personally, I think Cruise acts like a dimwit. Following celebs was never my thing but sometimes you unfortunately see them on the news and as a result, I think he is not playing with a full deck of cards. What's amazing is how he never opened his mouth before and led a rather private life but now he is talking to anyone who will listen. His pr assistant needs to tell him to zip it since he looks more foolish everytime he speaks.
Posts: 115 | From: Northeastern PA | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home