iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » ANNOYING 70s songs (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ANNOYING 70s songs
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone trashed RUN JOEY RUN.
So lets start trashing some more, shall we?

PLAYGROUND OF MY MIND
I think thats what its called "Hi,My name is Michael...I have a nickel......." That one.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My 6 year old picks MELANIE'S I've Got A Brand New Pair Of Roller Skates. Itw as on the oldies station last week and she was begging me to turn it off. LOL!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Melanie song made me cringe everytime I heard it as a kid, true cheese. Another hall of famer.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who could ever forget Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods doing Billy Don't Be A Hero?
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

or Paper Lace's The Night Chicago died or Coven doing One Tin Soldier?
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mamamiasweetpeaches wrote:
quote:
My 6 year old picks MELANIE'S "I've Got A Brand New Pair Of Roller Skates". It was on the oldies station last week and she was begging me to turn it off. LOL!
The next time your daughter needs to be punished or disciplined, just play that song for her! [Smile]

The song's actual title is "Brand New Key".

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate that song that goes "Oh what a night ....late December 1963..."

All I can say is pew....

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love all those songs! [Frown]

What about Rock me Gently and Chevy Van??

How about Seasons in the Sun-I actually like that song- it was always sad when I was a kid...now it is kind of sappy.

I love: Moonlight Feels Right, Shannon, Foxy on the Run, Hitchin a Ride, and Rock the Boat.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To Ali: I actually liked The Four Seasons' "December 1963 (Oh, What A Night)" song! But I realize that Frankie Valli's piercing high nasal-sounding falsetto voice isn't everyone's cup of tea! [Eek!]

Parts of ISIS' post:
quote:
What about Rock me Gently and Chevy Van??...
I actually liked Andy Kim's "Rock Me Gently". It almost sounded like Neil Diamond's voice.

Sammy Johns' "Chevy Van" song is harmless, but cheesy!

quote:
...How about Seasons in the Sun-I actually like that song- it was always sad when I was a kid...now it is kind of sappy.
I hated the song then, and hate it now. The song was actually written by Jacques Brel, a longtime French actor/singer/songwriter. I never heard of his original version, but from what I read, his version is not too bad.

But I'm sure that at least it's not as HORRIBLE as the hit version by Terry Jacks! [Mad]

quote:
I love: Moonlight Feels Right, Shannon, Foxy on the Run, Hitchin a Ride, and Rock the Boat.

I like all the songs you just mentioned except for the icky "Shannon" by Henry Gross (formerly of Sha Na Na).
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shannon...I love that song. I named my Siberian Husky.... Shannon...from that song. Cause it is about a dog named Shannon..it is so sad.

My son's first song he ever learned the words to, and listened to over and over was The Night Chicago Died... He would sing : " Daddy was a cop, on east side of Chicago...back in the bad old days... I loved it.

One of my all time favorite 70's songs is:

Get together- I think it was by The Youngbloods.

My Uncle was in a band...and he sang that song so perfectly...and we have it on a tape of him singing it. I can remember him and his band practicing at my grandparents house in the summer, over in the one "wing" of the house...it was an area of the house my Grandpa had his antique car part buisness, I just remembered that...of them setting up their equiptment in there, and they would open up these 2 big doors on the side of the house, and we would all lay out in the grass and listen to them play.
I can picture the floor in that room had a picture of an old antique car tiled in to it- it was so cool. Every time I hear "Get Together"...it is very sentimental to me.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
I love all those songs! [Frown]

I love most of them too, but I still can't dispute their cheese value. To me most of the songs mentioned in this thread are to music what Road House is to movies. They're all so bad that they're good.
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I love most of em too.

How bout TIPTOE THROUGH THE TULIPS by TINY TIM?

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
What is SHANNON about anyway? Did she run away? Die? Clue me in.

I actually like AFTERNOON DELIGHT but I'm syure a lot of you hate that one too.

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
oooh I just heard a bad one. Where You Goin Billy by THE POPPY FAMILY
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I have to make a confession; I have a guilty Pleasure for the Carpenters.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I just remembered that Terry Jacks who did Seasons In The Sun was also in The Poppy Family. Another Hall of Famer.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Here's the words to Shannon:

Another day's at end
Mama says she's tired again
No one can even begin to tell her
I hardly know what to say
But maybe it's better that way
If poppa were here I'm sure he'd tell her

Shannon is gone I heard
She's drifting out to sea
She always loved to swim away
Maybe she'll find an island
With a shaded tree
Just like the one in our backyard

Mama tries hard to pretend
That things will get better again
Somehow she's keepin' it all inside her

But finally the tears fill our eyes
And I know that somewhere tonight
She knows how much we really miss her

Shannon is gone I heard
She's drifting out to sea
She always loved to swim away
Maybe she'll find an island
With a shaded tree
Just like the one in our back yard
Ah....
Just like the one in our back yard
Ah....

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

is Shannon a dog or a boat?
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

quote:
Originally posted by Sam Dahmer Hain:
I have to make a confession; I have a guilty Pleasure for the Carpenters.

Is it OK for me to admit that whenever I hear The Carpenters song Superstar that I have to crank up the volume?
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Shannon is their dog.
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Is it???? I thought Shannon was the daughetr!
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Your wrong...MANDY is the dog...in Barry Manilow's MANDY!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
What?? Shannon is the daughter?? Why would she want to find a shady tree...like the one in their backyard. I always thought it was about their dog. Hmmmmmm.....it doesn't say dog...but I always thought it was a dog they were talking about. [Confused] [Confused]
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
okay...maybe your right...maybe she was a dog.
JimBrayFan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3831

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JimBrayFan   Author's Homepage   Email JimBrayFan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never Been to Me - Charlene..

Set the women's movement back 50 years! lol. The song is sooo annoying but I can't stop listening to it.

Posts: 90 | From: Long Island | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home