iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » What Movie Scared You The Most As A Kid?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What Movie Scared You The Most As A Kid?
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone remember this movie from the 70's? I saw it as a kid and it spooked me horribly. Let's put it this way....I wouldn't go near the Bermuda Triangle until recently, even if I had won a free trip. Well maybe a free trip, but otherwise no way!

Does anyone else remember this movie?
Satan's Triangle (1975)

What Movie Scared You The Most As a Kid? [Eek!]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ERIC 31
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1793

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ERIC 31   Author's Homepage   Email ERIC 31   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JAWS for sure. Was nervous about getting in my pool even after seeing that.
Posts: 87 | From: NOR CAL | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never heard of your movie Valley, but now I wanna see it. I'll have to go on a quest to find it.

The movie that scared me...to where I still can't watch it to this day...is Salem's Lot...I am not sure the year, but the previews and the picture in the tv guide of that kid floating to the window, and tapping on the window freaked me out.

Other movies that made me not be able to sleep at night were mainly in the early 80's...

Deliverance was definately one from the 70's...

some of the others were:

The Legacy-me or my brother could not go underwater in the swimming pool for like..forever it seemed, after seeing that one.

Silent Scream...me and my friend never slept that night after seeing it.

Alien- me and my brother were suppose to be camping out, in our home made "camper" that we made out of a wagon, and a bunch of cardboard...and he up and said he was going in to use the bathroom and never returned...we had watched Alien before going outside, and he was too big of a whimp to stay out there, and I think I beat him up for not telling me he was leaving me.

Poltergeist...the thing with the clown under the bed...made me so terrified for years of someone being under my bed, that I had to look under it every night before I got in bed to see if anyone was under there...and even then...I would lay in bed and think I could hear stuff moving around, and be terrified...sometimes my brother would sneek in on his hands and knees, and be down there giggling and he'd scare me to death, once he actually was under the bed, and I screamed my head off. My Dad hid in my closet once, and was in there pressing the keys on a keyboard, and I opened the closet door, and he jumped out at me. I bawled my head off.

I remember watching He Knows Your Alone..when I was in the 8th grade, and it was on HBO...and I remember begging my Dad to let me watch Superman 2 just for a little bit after it was over to try and erase the scary movie from my mind.

Looking for Mr. Goodbar!!! That was horrifying.

10 to Midnight

and

Silent Rage

[ 15. May 2005, 17:05: Message edited by: ISIS ]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got your movie ...Valley.... off Ebay.

I'll send ya a copy-

[Wink] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis, you must be crazy to want to watch it. I'm pretty sure that movie is cursed like the video tape in "The Ring", so watch it at your own risk and please don't even think about sending me a copy.

Actually, it's probably a comedy, but when stuff traumatizes you as kid it can have a lasting effect. I remember my cousin was spooked by the original "Nightmare On Elm Street" and the last time I watched it....I thought it was hilarous. So one person's spook fest is another person's comedy.

Enjoy...I bet it will SPOOK YA though. [Eek!]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
If it was so traumatic, then why are you wearing your "I'd rather be in Bermuda T-shirt"??? [Eek!] [Confused] [Razz] [Wink]
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My choice is going to sound real dumb, but it's Day Of The Triffids.

I need to qualify this - I first saw it, I must have been seven years old, and once it had finished we kids needed to go to bed. Our house then meant you go upstairs, where there was a big window, and then did a big 180 to go towards the bedrooms.

My mother loved her houseplants. They were everywhere. Especially on the window-sill at the top of the stairs. Great big trailing things they were. And at night, with a big window and a full moon behind them, to an impressionable seven year old, these things were alive.

Scared the bejeezus out of me when the wind moved a few leaves.....

[ 27. May 2005, 07:31: Message edited by: The Mod Formerly Known as PaulS ]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone told me the name of it once but there were like midgets that wore red and or blue suits. I remember seeing that on Tv and being scared to death, that was really the only one that ever scared me. I think it starts with a B, I don't even remember much about it anymore.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jess, weren't they the Oompa Loompas in Charlie and The Chocolate Factory? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Paul... I now know how to spell bejeezus...which I say all the time too, but never knew how to spell it...so this has been an educational thread for me.

That is a word..like "the willies"...or the "heebie jeebies"...both of which I say, but have yet to see those things spelled out.

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
I'm Spooked!

-

Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAHA Paul not the Oompa Loompas, but I have to admit they are pretty scary!!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Oompah loompahs scared me as a kid.

My mother says when I was a little kid the b*tchy old lady on the bicycle who stole ToTo from Dorothy scared me more than the witch (WIZARD OF OZ).

And I also remember being too scared to watch all of THE LION, THE WITCH & THE WARDROBE. (Scary Snow Queen! "Turkish Delight my ***, I'm outta here!!!")

But as for horror:
THE OMEN
THE EXORCIST
THE SHINING and
THE OTHER

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
mamamiasweetpeaches those flying monkeys in "The Wizard of Oz" had me running as a kid. [Eek!]

After reading your post, I think you have a problem with movies with short people in them. So you're not a Tom Cruise fan either I suspect? [Razz]

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh I hate him! He's The Devil! (And a bit of a femme too!)
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

Forgot one.... The Childcatcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Rite of passage for any kid, getting past The Childcatcher.

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Ohmygod....forgot about him:
"Chillllllllllllllllllllldren!
Chillllllllllllllllllllllldren!!!!!"
I used to chase my neices and nephews around doing that when they were little.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home