iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Little girl lives down the lane 1976

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Little girl lives down the lane 1976
flashback80's
Rewinder
Member # 3735

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for flashback80's   Author's Homepage   Email flashback80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what is your opinion on that flick
Posts: 47 | From: sydney | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow..is Martin Sheen a scary m.f. in that movie or what??? Whatta creep!
I havent seen it in years. But I remember...Dont eat the cookies!!!!
will have to eBay it. Is it on dvd yet?

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pssssssssssst..just got the dvd from eBay. Don't know if it's a bootleg or not...but they seem to be selling it on there.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a movie that I don't think I ever saw, but the title sounds so familiar to me. It seems right up my alley too, I might have to go look for it too.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just looked it up and read the description, it is definately up my alley, and I know I never saw it.

So flashback80's- did you like it or not??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a Jodie Foster movie right? I saw it once, but don't remember it.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Yeah Jodie Foster is in it. I just bought it too. I love it when someone mentions a movie I haven't seen, and I can find it. I actually am looking forward now to some cool movies.

Valley...me and you, and Satan's Triangle...how about it??? [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
You'll like it ISIS. It's creepy but not gory.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Mamamia- did you get your copy already? I just now paid for mine. Wait for me, and we can watch it together, and then talk about it. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Cool]
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I didnt get it yet...I eBayed it same day as you.

I still didnt get GALAXY OF TERROR yet because my computer had been knocked out....the guy just receieved my check today (June 2) so I should be getting that soon too.

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
June 4:
Both GALXY OF TERROR and LITTLE GIRL ......came in the mail today.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Hey!! Mine came today too- The Little Girl...I was thinking of watching it here soon...How about it Mamamia, are ya up for it??
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I just watched it. It wasn't anything like I thought it would be. I liked that it started out around fall/halloween. What a bizarre story line. Here's my thing about the whole movie...Jodie Foster looked like she really was maybe 13 in that movie, and there is something weird about her...not the character...but Jodie Foster herself, for her to be able to have that level of maturity about her at that age, in the way she talks and just the type of acting required for that movie...was very disturbing, and I don't know how you let a child that age be doing stuff like that, even if it was a movie, it was a heavy story line. It shocked me that they actually showed 2 kids in bed together..that was very disturbing too. I really thought the storyline was actually kind of boring. I have no clue what it was rated. There was some swearing, and there was the whole child molester thing with Martin Sheen and it was very deep stuff, so I have no clue what it would have been rated.

There were alot of unanswered questions, and they left you hanging at the end...sort of. And the whole story itself was not very good.

I am glad I saw a movie I never saw before, but I don't think it would be one I'd ever watch again.

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Just watched this mystery thriller and it was quite good actually.
Jodie Foster was great and Martin Sheen sure was creepy.
I knew that i´ve seen Scott Jacoby somewhere before
and found out that he was in To Die For (1988), which is a great romantic vampire flick.

Great atmosphere throughout the flick and it certainly wasn´t overlong.
Cool, quirky 70´s stuff!

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is on TCM here next month, I'll be sure to check it out.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the first half of this film was great and creepy. But thought it started to all go a bit downhill and silly once the Mario character was introduced.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You got a point there but somebody had to play the part of her father
and i thought they did it nicely.

But yeah, there was some unnecessary silliness in the movie
after that character was introduced.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched this movie last night apart from Jodie Foster i found this movie dull nothing seemed to happen it was so slow!
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home