iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » The Warriors (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Warriors
scogin
Rewind Curious
Member # 4084

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for scogin   Author's Homepage   Email scogin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The movie "The Warriors" was a 1970 classic which starred Michael Beck as "Swan", and James Remar as "Ajax". This movie was the first movie that I can remember where some cities around the country banned it's showing. It showed some great subway scenes of New York City. The fight scenes were good for the 1970s. I would give the movie at least a **** four star rating.

Since seeing that movie, I have published a gang website, and have taken a subway ride following the routes that were portrayed in the movie. All-in-all it has been fun being a Waariors fan.

Posts: 7 | From: Newark New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is in my top 5 movies of all time probably even in my top 3. Even though they turned out to be whimps The Baseball Furies were still pretty cool.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"This Just In"

Rockstar Games(Makers of GTA)Is releasing.....The Warriors!

That's right! there making The Warriors into a Video Game. And you should see how good the game looks the detail of the Warriors members is dead on. It's on the front cover of the GAME INFORMER magazine.

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

The best line of that movie.

(Sitting in Harlem)

"Coney Island has got to be 150 miles from here".

A little over estimation you think?

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I checked IMDB...it came out in 1979, not 70. I actually thought it might have been from the early '80s because I just don't remember it being out in the '70s...I must have been busy disco-ing to remember this movie coming out.
Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this movie. CAN YOU DIGGGG ITTTTTT?
Theres talk of a re-make. How dare they!
I only make it out to Coney island about once a year but everytime I'm there I think of THE WARRIORS.
And for me the best line of the movie is the guy clinking the bottles and saying "Warrriors...come out and play-ay!!!!"
(Its on DVD now in case anyone didnt know)

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBrayFan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3831

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JimBrayFan   Author's Homepage   Email JimBrayFan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're remaking it. Isn't that sad?
Posts: 90 | From: Long Island | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can say is "Dont Go"
We cant stop them from re-making em but if we all keep our $10 ticket money and refuse to go they'll eventually stop re-making em!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess i'm the only one who is excited about The Warriors Video Game [Confused]
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I CAN'T WAIT FOR 'THE WARRIORS' GAME!! it's gonna rock! especially since it's Rockstar North who's making it - also! the Action Figure company MEZCO is producing some figures based on the movie and they look very cool! check out the website...

www.mezcotoyz.com

Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scogin
Rewind Curious
Member # 4084

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for scogin   Author's Homepage   Email scogin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HipsterMom27:
I checked IMDB...it came out in 1979, not 70. I actually thought it might have been from the early '80s because I just don't remember it being out in the '70s...I must have been busy disco-ing to remember this movie coming out.

Sorry typo - 1979... But accoreding to a Chicago gang member that I authored the website for, the movie was right-on for old school gangs.

He told me that every member in the Warriors he knew a cat just like them in his gang - even Rembrant.!

Posts: 7 | From: Newark New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scogin
Rewind Curious
Member # 4084

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by CT......The Son Of Scarface:
I guess i'm the only one who is excited about The Warriors Video Game [Confused]

No man! The video game sounds really cool! They have a chess set out for the Fordham Baldies in the movie, "the Wanderer!"
scogin
Rewind Curious
Member # 4084

Rate Member
Don't forget to click on my profile and check out my gang website which I have received a lot of emails stating that this gang reminds them of the warriors.

With respect,
Pacman712

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I don't really "do" video games. But I'm excited for those of you who do!
ERIC 31
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1793

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ERIC 31   Author's Homepage   Email ERIC 31   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a big article and cover story on the Warriors video game in one of those Gaming magazines. Check out your local newsstand. You can't miss it. I don't remember the name of it. I saw it at Borders and Tower Records.

The likenesses of the actors are very close in this game. I sure hope they are getting a cut ($$) of this. I'd be p*ssed if my face was in a popular game and I didn't get paid.

Posts: 87 | From: NOR CAL | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, it's a good year for fans of THE WARRIORS - we have the Rockstar North Game, the awesome looking action figures and not it seems that Paramount have finally granted our wish and are releasing what is called the 'Ultimate Director's Cut' dvd - although no special features have been confirmed, it should be a HUGE improvement over the current release! "Can you dig it?!!!"
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You see what you get warriors? You see what you get when you mess with the Orphans.

I love this movie and I'm stoked about the game...as long as it isn't a GTA clone...

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out this link:

http://www.rockstargames.com/thewarriors/

for trailer and screenshots of the game...

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

...and here's a few cool screenshot for those too lazy to follow the link...

-

-

-

Noms [Cool]

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
That actually looks pretty cool.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be picking this game up, it's quite impressive looking. If you can believe it, I actually finally saw the Warriors for the first time earlier this year. I found it kind of cool that the main villain in the movie who offed the gang leader at the rally was the baddie in the Crow. That guy is a master villain.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
... and that villain would be 'Luther' of the Rogues A.K.A. actor David Patrick Kelly who also played Sully in COMMANDO.
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by raggedyman:
... and that villain would be 'Luther' of the Rogues A.K.A. actor David Patrick Kelly who also played Sully in COMMANDO.

"remember when I said I would kill you last? I LIED!"

Quality.

Noms [Cool]

Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

On a side note, does anyone ever check out www.joblo.com?

Its one of my favourite internet movie sites and runs a feature called the bottom shelf which picks a couple of DVD's people may have seen on the bottom shelf and never bothered to watch, then raves about why you SHOULD see these movies.

I only raised it here because this weeks movies are 2 of my faves...THE WARRIORS and EQUILIBRIUM.

Good work Joblo...

Noms [Cool]

Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya know I just dont get it! My boyfriend loves that movie and I think its uhh kinda dumb. Im sorry, I just didnt think the characters seemed all that believable. I mean I wouldnt be scared of them. Maybe its how the gangs once were but they sure arent like that now. I mean c'mon a gang of mimes????? [Confused] [Eek!] [Confused] [Eek!] Whats that all about? Do they yell when they get "bopped"? Anyway if someone could enlighten me on why it was so great I truly would appreciate it. I know lots of people who think The Goonies stink but because I saw it when it came out it was awesome to me ans still is to this day.

Anyway, can somebody fill me in??

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home