iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » 70's horror (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 70's horror
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ALIEN, THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE and HALLOWEEN - terrific movies that are influential to this day. can anyone add to these?
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GREASE!!!!! [Razz]
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ha ha ha
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Last House on the Left

Death Weekend

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 70s had the second best Horror movies. The 80s had the best ones.
I'm gonna say CARRIE and THE SHINING...but I'm not really sure if they were 70s or 80s.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mamamiasweetpeaches wrote:
quote:
I'm gonna say CARRIE and THE SHINING...but I'm not really sure if they were 70s or 80s.
Carrie with Sissy Spacek and John Travolta came out in 1976.

The Shining is from 1980.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for clearing that up for me. THE SHINING has a very 70s feel for me (brings back memories of riding a BigWheels in my childhood) but its an 80s flick....just barely.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember a scary TV movie with Sally Field...think it was called "Home For the Holidays" and someone was chasing her with a pitchfork.

Also very scary on TV was "Trilogy of Terror"...anyone remember that crazy troll?

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
"ai-yi-yi-yi-yi!"
African Zuni Doll
They sell those on eBay.

Gav
Master Rewinder
Member # 4075

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Gav   Email Gav   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"When a stranger calls" in 1979 and "Black Christmas,Texas Chainsaw"etc...
Posts: 105 | From: Mitcham,Surrey,England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Roboto
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1424

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Mr Roboto   Email Mr Roboto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to throw Jaws into the mix. I remember going to a night-time pool party where they projected the movie on the side of a building... [Cool]

The Exorcist is also a classic. The puke scene has been spoofed more times in more ways than any horror scene save the Shower Scene from Psycho

Posts: 20 | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gav
Master Rewinder
Member # 4075

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Gav   Email Gav   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got more classic my friend,the "Raggedyman"

"Dawn of the dead","Assault on precinct 13","Zombie Flesh eaters"from 1978.

Posts: 105 | From: Mitcham,Surrey,England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even The '70s HORROR MOVIES are better than '90s Horror movies!

"TORSO"!

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Gav:
I got more classic my friend,the "Raggedyman"

"Dawn of the dead","Assault on precinct 13","Zombie Flesh eaters"from 1978.

GAV - you're definitely on the same page as me! you like HAMMER HORROR? or the movie that I thought was one of those - "BLOOD ON SATAN'S CLAW" that was a creepy movie!
Gav
Master Rewinder
Member # 4075

Member Rated:
Yeah cool stuff!

Hammer horror was the biz!

What about "SUSPERIA","PROFONDO ROSSO"?Italian giallo movies were the testicles!

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Dario Argento had some of the sickest stuff, SUSPIRIA being my favorite.

What is TORSO? I missed that one.

raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
"CORPI PRESENTANO TRACCE DI VIOLENZA CARNALE, I" - (Bodies Wear Traces of Carnal Violence) a.k.a. TORSO - an Italian Horror movie directed by Sergio Martino. a Giallo / Slasher flick about a masked man killing college girls. LOVE that swamp sequence!
Gav
Master Rewinder
Member # 4075

Member Rated:
Never seen "Torso" either.Have to track it down.

Yes Mamamia!"Susperia"is a gem and the score by "Goblin" creates the tension.It's just a great wall of noise.Excellent score!

"The Crazies"was fun from "George Romero"and "Dark Star".

Gav
Master Rewinder
Member # 4075

Member Rated:
"Martin",the 1978 vamp movie from "George"too.
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
SUSPIRIA probably wouldnt even be that scary if not for the GOBLIN music...it makes the hairs on my arm stand up on end.
Okay. Will have to check out TORSO next.

CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't forget about the 1st Amityville Horror that's a classic too [Cool]
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have Suspiria, a friend told me it was really good, and clips of it were in Terror in the Aisles. But, I could not get through 15 minutes of it, I couldn't understand what it was about, and I think something jumped through a window and either ripped someone's heart out, or stabbed them right in the heart...and I couldn't look, it was gross. I had to shut it off.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gav
Master Rewinder
Member # 4075

Member Rated:
Argento is great!The documentary(DA's world of horror) on him a few years back was awesome,very interesting.You can see it on the"Sleepless"dvd extras or "Two evil eyes"dvd.

S.O.S-You're absolutely right in mentioning "Amityville Horror".That's a real classic!I'm going to cinema to see the remake,tommorrow.We'll see what it's like.What do you guys think of all these classic horror remakes that are being made?One after another they seem to happen.I liked "Dawn of the dead"remake recently.Have'nt seen "Texas chainsaw"yet,but i'm told it's bad,being from the director of the Will Smith flick "Bad Boys"!

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
The first 10 minutes of SUSPIRIA are friggin bone-chilling. I was alone in my house as a teen watching it and had to turn it off. The next day (when Mommy was home!) i watched it again. If you can get past the first ten minutes you should be okay.
Yes...I just ordered TORSO. Will have to come back and discuss that one after I watch it.
I think I'm gonna watch TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE today (in broad daylight!) cuz that is the one movie that really makes me wanna lock myself in a closet and cry.

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Did anyone mention CREEPERS with Jennifer Connelly? Now that's a siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick movie!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home