iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » The Secrets of Isis

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Secrets of Isis
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to share some pictures from my favorite all time TV show.

Please vote for it to be released on DVD at:

www.tvshowsondvd.com

-

-

-

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 -

-

-

Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey ISIS.
I absolutely adore the affection you share for this show and your friend who starred in it.
But I gotta be honest with you... i dont know what it is or what it was about.Now from your pictures she looks like a kind of wonder woman character who works in a law firm during her dual identity moments.Am I right?
Can you share some info for little un-educated Smayt please,cos i really would like to know more about this clearly foxy heroine and her...
Raven????

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
She was a science teacher, that went on a archaeology trip to Egypt and dug up an ancient amulet and became Isis, whenever she pulls out the amulet and says "ohmighty isis". she can command the elements of sky and Earth to do whatever she wants. Like she can start fire, or make time stand still, or get animals to do whatever she wants. She can fly by commanding the wind to lift her up in to the sky, which is pretty cool.

During the day she teachers science, and usually the story revolves around the teenage kids that are in her class, and things they do that get them in trouble.

Like one episode someone takes a ride with a hitchhiker.

There is an episode about a boy who's dog jumps in the ocean after a ball, and then he jumps in to save the dog, and she saves the boy from drowning first, and then goes back after the dog, and she gets the dog, but the dog is old and dies anyway, and it is sad, because the boy takes off, and he drops the dogs collar by accident off a bridge in to a water resevoir and he goes down to get it, and gets stuck, and she has to save him, but then she talks to him about how everything has a time to live and a time to die.

There is an episode that Bobby Brady(Mike Lookingland) is in...and he shows a kid a gun, and the kid steals it.

There's an epsiode with Colleen Camp in it, where she is a cheerleader, and another cheerleader cheats on a test so she doesn't get kicked off the cheerleading squad, and she does a bunch of stupid stuff that gets her in trouble.

There is an episode where they go hiking and 2 kids get lost.

There is a couple that were cross over epsiodes from Shazam! Where she either guest starred on that show, or he would guest star on hers.

One episode was when a girl stole a boat and it caught on fire, and there was a bad storm.

To me, for a Saturday morning TV show, it had great storylines. Shazam! was just as cool too.

Oh...the Raven...his name was Tutt, and he was always in the science lab, and he could talk a little bit, and he would go for help if she needed him to.

If they make an Isis movie, it could be awesome...if they do it like a female version of Indiana Jones, and did some cool effects from Raiders of the Lost Ark and maybe even The Mummy.

Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Isis,your a sweetheart for filling me in on all things ISIS. It does sound like it was a really good show.I like stuff that is a little bit mystical and fantastical.So it does sound right up my street.
Thanx again for takin' the time to do that for me. i guess its a topic you more than enjoy anyway [Big Grin]

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Valley and Bigfoot loved the show too. I think guys liked it for a different reason than I did.

It is a little surreal to be able to call Joanna up now whenever I feel like it, not that I do...but I never even thought I'd ever meet her so the whole thing is very surreal, and I won't ever get over hanging out with her all day, and her telling me about scenes I had seen on TV, and then the actual person who was in them, is telling me what it was like. There is Isis memorbilia out there. There is a Mego doll, there are puzzles, there is a view master reel, and there even was a Halloween costume, and they ended up making a comic because of the show, which was cool.

That character was totally created for the show, not originally from a comic-like alot of other superheros were created from, this was different cause it was reversed in how it came out.

Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yea, baby.
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I seeing things? Lisa is actually HOPING that they make a movie version of one of her favourite TV shows??? With special effects similar to THE MUMMY???

I think i better sit down...

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And who would you pick to star in the movie? You couldn't have Joanna Cameron now as she's too old but maybe she could cameo in it.

Keira Knightley? Rachel Weisz? Charlize Theron?
Sandra Bullock [Eek!] ???

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pamela Anderson?

[Razz]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll do it! I think I look good in a tiara!
[Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keira Knightley would make a good Isis. Catherine Zeta Jones would be awesome too.
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Catherine Zeta Jones looks like her. There is another girl though I have seen I have to find out her name again, but my friend has meet her and has pictures of her, and she looks the part.

Yeah, if they do remakes the right way, then I don't have a problem with them, but they stink every time, that's my problem.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Selma Hayek for next Isis!!!!!

Love them latinas

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

What Sam said... [Big Grin]

Noms [Cool]

Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Sam & Noms said.

Have you guys seen previews for the new Selma Hayek & Penelope Cruz movie? That is just too much good looking women

Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home