iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got the DVD pack, with the first season of both shows in it.

I started watching the pilot episode of the Hardy Boys last night, the first episode is called:

The Haunted House.

It was so cool, it was a Haunted House that was a dance club, but it had all these secret passages in it, that you had to go through to get to the dance area.

It was neat, you walked in, and it looked like a funeral home, and there was a coffin in the middle of the room, with flowers all around it, and candelabras, and the lid opened on the coffin, and it led to a stairway. It was so cool. It had a room full of mirrors, and it was like a funhouse at an amusement park.

Lisa Eilbacher was in this episode as Fenton Hardy's secretary. I think it is cool when you see people that you didn't expect to see, but knew from other things they did around that time period.

I love seeing Shaun Cassidy in his designer jeans. I like that they always had their van with motor bikes in the back, so they could take off. I liked their lab in the basement.

I love the houses in TV shows back then, they were always really cool.

I always loved the music that came on at the beginning of the Hardy Boys , and the scene with the maze, and the full moon, and it did seem really scary and I loved that kind of suspense in a tv show.

I totally recommend this DVD set for anyone who has never seen a Hardy Boys epsiode.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to watch the HARDY BOYS (great theme!) but I never remember NANCY DREW. I dont remember reading the books either.
I seem to remember being a litlle kid and watching the HARDY BOYS just cuz they were cute.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I feel like watching it again.
Where did you get yours? AMAZON?

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
......just got it from half.com for $24.22
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OOH!! Cool. You should love them mamamia, because every episode is about something spooky happening. I have been watching an epsiode almost every other night. I haven't started Nancy Drew yet- but I do have 1 episode of hers on tape I saw recently, I loved Pamela Sue Martin- she was way cool.

I loved the "Haunted House" epsiode, I think it is one of the first...I think having a place like that club would be so cool.

They were in another club in the last epsiode I just watched, and it looked like a cave inside, it was really neat.

Tell me what you think when you get it. I paid $29.99 with shipping for mine.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Tia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I TOTALLY DID NOT KNOW THIS WAS OUT.

omg.

forget tia! forget dynagirl! nancy drew was the love of my life, bar none.

right to the top of my queue!

Posts: 201 | From: Witch Mountain | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
OMG!! You gotta get it. I loved Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys..

I belonged to their fan club, and I loved getting stuff in the mail from it when I was a kid.

Me and my best friend were always pretending we were actually the Hardy Boys...not Nancy Drew...I guess cause there were 2 of them, and we were the one we liked the best...she was always Frank and I was Joe...and we would walk home from elementary school....looking for major mysteries to solve, and clues....

did anyone else ever do that...you'd find some piece of garbage on the street...and it was a clue to a murder mystery and something really goofy...and you'd make up this whole elaborate thing...and of course we cracked the case, and were the coolest.

Scooby Doo had nothing on us. [Razz] [Wink] [Big Grin] [Cool]

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
My daughter (7) has a Nancy Drew video game she plays on the computer (Haunted Carousel? I think) and so I gave her my HARDY BOYS NANCY DREW dvd set. So far we watched the "haunted lighthouse" one.
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Tia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i liked both the hardy boys and nancy drew but she was my fave; i forget how it was organized, did they show a hardy boys and then a nancy drew on the same night? or did it alternate?

the hardy boys were okay but nancy drew was much cuter and cooler.

there was some children's mystery series i read back then too -- it was three boys, the leader was named "jupiter" and they went around the same way solving crimes. anybody remember who that was?

the only one i remember, there are these murders or something happening in this church and at the end they discover the church organ plays notes too low for you to hear that cause madness and fear. i thought that was faintly preposterous.

Posts: 201 | From: Witch Mountain | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved the Hardy Boys & Nancy Drew tv show and I read the Hardy Boys books, but I wouldn't pretend to be a Hardy Boy...I was always pretending to be the greatest sleuth of them all........... Encyclopedia Brown!
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I watched 2 Nancy Drew episodes last night.

They were awesome! They put more effort in to tv shows back then...the first one I watched was about this man who buys the land this lighthouse is on, and weird things are happening there, and Nancy Drew goes to investigate it, she was crazy for some of the things she did, but I absolutely love this show...it was actually really freaking me out...with all the ghost stuff, and I just thought ...wow...they found amazing locations to film on...her clothes were awesome, I loved her friendship with George. I loved her relationship with her father.

I watched another episode where someone was making counterfeit money in the caverns underneath her 2 aunts huge mansion that they were selling...and she found these secret passages ways through the walls of the house, and it was neat. I love that kind of stuff. I love the drama, and the mystery and the suspense. I can't believe how good those shows were...and that now they can't make anything even remotely close to it. Where the characters were "good" people...and they did nice things, and helped each other...there was major drama on that show.

There were definately bad guys...and the one was going to throw Nancy off a Cliff in the first one, cause she found out what he had done, so it was really thrilling...not boring at all, but it is the way they did it, that made it so cool. And she was so cool, she was a fantastic role model for young girls just by the character she portrayed in that show...you never ever see that any more.

That's what I miss about TV.

Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
haha. i saw the lighthouse one. and the one with the glider and the guys selling stolen cars. i like the whole thing with her and her sidekick. i forgot she had a sidekick.
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
nancy drew was such a babe.
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
What was "George";s real name? Was it George???
My daughter asked me and I didnt know.

I got her NANCY DREWS'S GHOST DOGS OF MOON LAKe video game for the computer for one of her Valnetines Day presents.

Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
i liked how they discovered the secret passage under the lighthouse that was hidden by the high tides in the lighthouse episode. that was so clever, good writing. i bet they got that straight out of the book.

george was the sidekick? did she ever go on to do anything else?

Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
oo! i just watched "a-haunting we will go," with the play-within-a-play "murder in the fourth act." i bet you didn't notice it was directed by jack arnold, legendary director of "invasion of the body snatchers"! that was a fun one.

and forgive me for i have sinned, nancy in the maid costume made me think impure thoughts. [Eek!]

eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember watching these series every Sunday night. They alternated each Sunday, one with a Hardy Boys ep. and the next Sunday a Nancy Drew ep. Of course, I loved the Hardy Boys more, and I loved Shaun Cassidy and had bought bothof his albums. My parents preferred Nancy Drew, they thought the stories were better. I don't really remember any specific episodes, but as you guys discuss them, it's all coming back to me.
Mr. Tia, don't worry, every guy in my school was in love with Pamela Sue Martin,ha,ha!

Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I can't help it....but to keep saying how great the storylines were, because they had awesome writing. I love the tide thing with the under ground passage way...I thought they were going to drown (all though I knew they wouldn't) who is the guy that bought the light house...I liked him, I have seen him in something else, he's a good looking guy.

George is cute...I love her...the other night, in the episode I watched, she was sleeping out in the hallway cause she heard strange noises...in the episode where they went to stay at the aunt's house. I loved that house! I loved the glamour of all that. I loved Nancy Drew wearing blazers. I loved the jeans rolled up with boots on-that was a cool look. I think her friendship with George is so cool, I love when girls are really tight friends like that.

Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never saw the series but I loved the books...infact Nacy Drew and the Witch tree symbol was the first book I ever bought, when I was about 9... I read it three times.
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home