iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Norma Rae

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Norma Rae
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this was on tonight while I was trying to cook supper. I have never seen it before. I did recognize the mom from An Officer and a Gentlemen , my mom said she must have liked playing a factory worker, cause she was good at it.

I wish I could have watched it from the beginning, what I saw was really good, and I know Sally Field won and Academy Award for it.

I didn't know Beau Bridges was her husband, I always have liked him as an actor. Has anyone else seen it, and what do they think of it??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was her husband in the movie, not in real-life, is that what you meant?

I don't know if I have ever seen all of this movie or not. It was her first Academy award winning role.

Her famous saying, "You like me, you really like me" came after she won for Places in the Heart.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The movie also won the 'Best Song' at the Oscars.

The song in the movie, called "It Goes Like It Goes", was sung by Jennifer Warnes.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was watching too...I never fail to get the chills when Norma Rae stops the production lines with her sign: UNION.

Fight the man, sister.

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home