iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Jack Hill.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jack Hill.
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW i didn't realize there was a 70's Rewind(yes i'm lazy)

So what do you guy's think of Hill's 70's output.

Foxy Brown, Coffy, The Big Doll House & The Switchblade Sisters are all firm fav's of mine.

Cop: Let me give you some advice.
Maggie No, let me give you some advice, cop. You can beat us, chain us, lock us up. But we're gonna be back, understand? And when we do, cop, you better keep your *** off our turf, or we'll BLOW IT OFF! Ya dig? We're Jezebels, cop - remember that name. We'll be back!

Digit.

Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started reading this post and then I looked to see who wrote it. I should have known!
Well, my favorite is SWITCHBLADE SISTERS. I also like FOXY BROWN and COFFY.
Was THE WARRIORS JAck Hill? I think it was.
The only Women In Prison movie he did that I've seen so far was BIG DOLL HOUSE which was pretty cool. How do his other WIP movies stack up? I would think they are all pretty much the same and all pretty much star Pam Grier, Goddess Among Mere Humans.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D'oh! It was WALTER HILL who directed THE WARRIORS, not JACK HIll. Okay...now I feel stupid....

He also directed SPIDER BABY which I didnt think was so hot.
If you want a list of the movies he did go to www.imdb.com

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I started reading this post and then I looked to see who wrote it. I should have known!
[Big Grin]
quote:
Well, my favorite is SWITCHBLADE SISTERS. I also like FOXY BROWN and COFFY.
Yes i agree with that to be honest, classics all.

quote:
Was THE WARRIORS JAck Hill? I think it was.
That was Walter Hill of 48 Hours fame. Another great film hence my user name.

quote:
The only Women In Prison movie he did that I've seen so far was BIG DOLL HOUSE which was pretty cool. How do his other WIP movies stack up? I would think they are all pretty much the same and all pretty much star Pam Grier, Goddess Among Mere Humans.
Yes they are all pretty generic, but still great fun The Big Doll House, The Big Bird Cage & Caged Heat are the best for me.

Pam Grier was just too cool, i also enjoyed Friday Foster, Black Mama White Mama(another W.I.P flick)

She was amazing in Somthing Wicked This Way Comes and she showed the world what a great actress she was in QT's sublime Jackie Brown.

[ 24. January 2005, 10:44: Message edited by: Canyoudigit. ]

Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
D'oh! It was WALTER HILL who directed THE WARRIORS, not JACK HIll. Okay...now I feel stupid....

He also directed SPIDER BABY which I didnt think was so hot.
If you want a list of the movies he did go to www.imdb.com

Easy mistake Mama.

I have the special edition of Spider Baby, loved this movie from an early age.Lon Chaney's song for the opening of the credits is excellent(is there a soundtrack released?)

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Maybe you can download the song. You would be surprised the stuff you can download these days.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home