iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Animal House

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Animal House
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was doing a little surfing of Tim Matheson after seeing him in a very old movie from the '60s last night, long before he became known as the consummate hound-dog, Otter.

Now I have to get the Animal House DVD to watch the 'mockumentary' of how the characters all turned out. As you may recall, at the end of the movie it shows what each character supposedly becomes and Otter was a Beverly Hills gynecologist...so the mockumentary follows up with that.

To coin a Flounder phrase: This is gonna be great.

~Not fat, drunk or stupid

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charles
Rewind Curious
Member # 3622

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for charles   Email charles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am trying to locate the name of a movie that has a character name in it by the name of "fast freddy".

please help if possible . it has to do with car racing and saving a school by racing money racing.

Posts: 2 | From: nova scotia | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey hipster-

shame on me, i have never watched animal house before, and for about a year or so, i have vowed to watch it before 2005 came. and here we are, approaching new years eve. i know what i will be doing sometime this week, before friday. i will write my comments here, after i view it.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie, you must watch it or suffer double secret probation by Dean Hipster.

Since I was actually in college when it came out, it's a movie near & dear to my twisted sense of humor.

At least I didn't let seven years of college go down the drain.

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Animal House. An absolute classic and one of my all time favourites. There are so many great scenes and so many great lines in that film.
The set up at the start of the film, showing a real ideology of Campus life of the rich, well educated up their own butt's elitist snobs of Omega House, (the bad guys), and then leading on to the Party Animal, Anarchic, death before dishonour, almost lawless domain of Delta House, (the good guys), was brilliant. It showed two very different sides of Campus life that would come to clash in so many hilarious and volatile ways.

It's a riotous, two fingers to authority, laugh out loud comedy.

So put it on, sit back, and start drinking heavily.

Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charles. The film is called Catch Me If You Can. Made by the guy that made the frst two Mummy films.
Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home