iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » What Happened???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What Happened???
Nick Napolitano
Rewinder
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick Napolitano   Email Nick Napolitano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever happened to this 70s Site? No new movies have been added to the site since November. It's a cool 70s site, and I submitted a few pages, but there have been no new updates. What Happened??? Forgive me if I sound nasty, it's just that there are some cool 70s movies that I would love to see pages for on this site, but the creators are probably WAY too busy on the 80s site, since it's the most popular one, and they probably get submissions more often for that site.
Posts: 42 | From: Vernon, New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SkinnyPuppy
Master Rewinder
Member # 2354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SkinnyPuppy   Email SkinnyPuppy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It brings up a good point.

But first, I have to say that I love the entire Rewind site, I feel like the web forum section is a huge service to fans of the last few decades, and I appreciate the huge amount of work the people who created and run this place put in.

So, what I'm trying to make is a "suggestion" because I feel that to complain would be presumptuous of me considering how much work goes into this entire site, and would only point out a problem. And I think it can be a waste of time to point out a problem without suggesting a solution. (please note, I'm not making any judgements of the previous post, I'm writing this as if it were a post in and of itself).

Having said that;

I wonder if there's some kind of automated page, like a web form or something, where a person could put their information into a box, submit it, and then it would arrive to the webmasters already in html format so that then all they would have to do is look at the web page to see if it is something they want to put up on their site. That would save them a huge amount of time in tedious html encoding.

A similar web form might be nice for additional comments or trivia. I know I submitted some trivia a while back, and I suspect it wasn't posted because the webmasters didn't feel it would be interesting enough to enough people to warrant updating the page. This is not something I feel bad about in any way. I understand that editorial power must remain with the webmasters so that they can keep the site up the way they have envisioned it.
It's just that a second page linked to the primary movie review page would be a nice place for anyone interested in trivia or other comments to go.

However, I think that if this web form page which automatically encodes the text placed in boxes is not readily available or easy enough to use for the webmasters, my suggestion becomes irrelevant.

Thanks again to the webmasters!

Posts: 278 | From: Austin, TX USA | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80s forever
Rewind Guru
Member # 2014

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80s forever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's cos The 80s Rule!!!!!!!!!!! [Smile]
Posts: 610 | From: London, England | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good suggestions, and I'm only too aware of the need to get the 70s site some badly needed updates... [Frown]

The movie page submissions are done (kind of) in the way described/suggested, but often it's the need for pictures and/or soundtrack info etc that gets me bogged down.

The biggest problem lately has been the sheer amount of Real Life (tm) stuff that I've had going on... I hope that this situation will change for the better soon... [Smile]

Meanwhile I've done some updates today... [Smile]

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home