iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » BJ and the Bear

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BJ and the Bear
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got an episode yesterday that I got off Ebay..I don't think it was the pilot. It said Smokey and the Bear, but it was Greg Evigan, and his truck and everything were BJ and the Bear-I wondered if they changed the name down the road. When they started singing the opening theme song, I couldn't believe it, I remembered all the words. I am BJ McKay and this is my best friend Bear...rolling down the highway..nothing's going stand in my way-blah blah blah....Melody Anderson was in this episode and Stuart Pankin, they were trying to raise money for handicapped kids, from their college, but they were using BJ's truck to transport illegal gambling equiptment up to this ski resort. It was so excellent. The best part was when BJ was chasing these guys in the snow, with just the cab part of his truck-that was some awesome driving. Greg Evigan was so good looking. I loved his brown sweater ,it was sort of like a turtle neck sweater, and he wore a fleeced jacket-he looked great, he was really tall. What has happened to him?? That show was awesome. It is a shame that kids today don't know those shows, my son and his friend were watching it with me, and were totally mesmerized by it.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KEWEL!
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Isis, I just got a B.J. & The Bear annual in that I got off e-bay! I remember having a model of his tractor trailer rig when I was little. I displayed it on a shelf in my room. I loved that show.
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis wants to know:
quote:
... Greg Evigan was so good looking. I loved his brown sweater ,it was sort of like a turtle neck sweater, and he wore a fleeced jacket-he looked great, he was really tall. What has happened to him??...
What happened to him? He's still working! (And got his own website too!) [Cool]

(click below):
http://www.evigan.com

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SkinnyPuppy
Master Rewinder
Member # 2354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SkinnyPuppy   Email SkinnyPuppy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVED that show! I wanted to be Greg Evigan, and I had the biggest crush on the female trucker Stacks (she had a sister who looked a whole lot like her, they were in a tasteful non-nude photo shoot in Playboy in the mid 80's back in the days when Playboy was more like FHM).

The last "big" thing I saw Greg in was "Deepstar Six" right at the end of the 80's.

I remember they had a spinoff series with Sheriff Lobo that was really dull because he was the bumbling "bad" guy in BJ and the Bear and you suddenly had to accept him as the hero.

Posts: 278 | From: Austin, TX USA | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightiesdude
Master Rewinder
Member # 752

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for eightiesdude   Author's Homepage   Email eightiesdude   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved BJ and the Bear the theme song is classic. I hope they release this one day on dvd. Ah how I miss the mid to late 70s.
Posts: 114 | From: Florida | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greg Evigan sang the theme song. It is so weird-I checked out his website yesterday. He is taking a cruise with all his fans...I asked my husband if I could go, and he said Yes!! (Not)
Anyway...we watched another show last night, and it was so cool, I mean Greg Evigan did some cool stunts, and it was a neat show. Stacks-was Judy Landers and her sister is Audrey.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG...the Landers sisters! I liked Audrey, who played the bad girl Afton on "Dallas", but I found Judy annoying...like when she was on the show with the late great "Waylon & Madam"...how lame can you get.

Now whatever happened to THEM?

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SkinnyPuppy
Master Rewinder
Member # 2354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SkinnyPuppy   Email SkinnyPuppy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just had a flashback to a strange episode of BJ And The Bear where Stacks was kidnapped by this freaky guy and put in a room with two-way mirrors and he sat and watched her while BJ and the lady truckers tried to find her.
If I recall correctly the freaky guy was played by the mulit-talented Paul Williams who wrote most of the Muppet songs and was in the underrated Phantom Of The Paradise in which he wrote all the music (I have the dvd and cd, very cool late 70's rock opera).
Whatever happened to Paul Williams, I remember him popping up in all kinds of tv shows in the 70's like Starsky And Hutch and Baretta.
I think the last time I saw him he was presenting an award to Garth Brooks who was going to record one of his songs.

Posts: 278 | From: Austin, TX USA | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alls I know is this: Greg Evigan was cute in BJ and The Bear and he was STILL cute in MY TWO DADS. I bet he's STILL cute (will have to check out his website tomorrow when I have more time).
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home