iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Alphabetical movie list

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Alphabetical movie list
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does any kind person out there fancy helping to create the alphabetical list of important movies of the 70's???

This will form the basis of the movies menu on the 70's site.

-Thanx

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  | Report this post to a Moderator
Bridgette Marie
Master Rewinder
Member # 88

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bridgette Marie   Email Bridgette Marie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Nick,

Well, I thought it might make it easier if you take the list a letter at a time so to speak, so I've made a partial list for you of great 70's movies that begin with the letters "A" and "B". I just wanted to make sure the list I gave you was alphabitized, because anybody could just throw you a bunch of films from the 70's that begin with different letters in no particular order, lol. I've probably missed a lot of great films, but I tried my best and hopefully this will help start ya out :)

Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore
Alien
American Graffiti
American Hot Wax
Amityville Horror
And Justice For All
Animal House
Annie Hall
Apocalypse Now
Audrey Rose
Bad News Bears
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Ben
Black Beauty
Bound For Glory
Boys From Brazil
Breakout
Buddy Holly Story
Butch and Sundance The Early Years
Butterflies Are Free

Posts: 228 | Registered: Nov 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Bridgette Marie
Master Rewinder
Member # 88

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bridgette Marie   Email Bridgette Marie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
......70's movies begining with "C" and "D", again I hope this helps ya out to a good start...

Cabaret
Carrie
Charlotte's Web
China Syndrome
Cleopatra Jones
Clockwork Orange
Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
Cooley High
Damien:Omen II
Demon Seed
Diamonds Are Forever
Dirty Harry
Dog Day Afternoon
Drive-In
Drowning Pool

Posts: 228 | Registered: Nov 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bridgette, you're a STAR!

Thanks hun, I'll put these in the menu real soon... Please keep 'em comin'... :))

-N

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  | Report this post to a Moderator
Bridgette Marie
Master Rewinder
Member # 88

Member Rated:

You're very welcome, I'm glad I could help ya out. Here are some more famous 70's flicks to add to the list, starting with the letters "E" and "F"......;-)

Eagle Has Landed
Echoes Of A Summer
Electric Horseman
Emmanuelle
Enter The Dragon
Escape From Alcatraz
Escape To Witch Mountain
Every Which Way But Loose
Exorcist
Exorcist II
F.I.S.T.
Fiddler On The Roof
Fillmore
Fists Of Fury
For The Love Of Benji
Foxy Brown
Freaky Friday
French Connection
Frisco Kid
Funny Lady

StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of Bridgette's post:
quote:
...I've made a partial list for you of great 70's movies that begin with the letters "A" and "B"...

I would also include "Breaking Away", from 1979. One of my favorite films of the 70's decade, and probably one of the best "coming-of-age" films ever. It was filmed in and around Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana.

The movie stars Dennis Christopher, Dennis Quaid, Daniel Stern, Jackie Earle Haley, and Paul Dooley in a hilarious performance as the father.

In 1980, there was a TV series based upon the movie, with Shaun Cassidy taking the lead role. But the series lasted only one season.

For more info, go to:
http://us.imdb.com/Details?0078902

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Bridgette Marie
Master Rewinder
Member # 88

Member Rated:
Whew! It took me forever, but here are some more 70's films with the letters "G" through "P". Eventually I will get to "Z" for you Nick, emphasis on the word 'eventually', lol.

Gambler
Garden Of The Finzi-Continis
Gates Of Heaven
Gauntlet
Grease
Godfather
Godfather Part II
Godspell
Goodbye Girl
Great Gatsby
Hair
Halloween
Hang-Up
Hanover Street
Happy Hooker
Hard Core
Hard Times
Harper Valley P.T.A.
Harry And Tonto
Hearts Of The West
I Never Promised You A Rose Garden
I Never Sang For My Father
Interiors
I Will, I Will...For Now
In-Laws
Inheritance
Innocent Bystanders
Inserts
Inside Out
International Velvet
Jabberwocky
Jaguar Lives
Jaws
J.D.'s Revenge
Jeremiah Johnson
Jeremy
Jesus Christ Superstar
Joy Ride
Juggernaut
Killer Elite
Killer Force
Kenny & Co
King Lear
King Of Marvin Gardens
King Of The Grizzlies
King Of The Gypsies
Klansman
Klute
Kramer Vs. Kramer
La Cage aux Folles
Lady Sings The Blues
Last Detail
Last House On The Left
Last Picture Show
Last Tango In Paris
Late Show
Little Big Man
Looking For Mr. Goodbar
Love Story
Macbeth
Mahogany
Manhatten
Man Who Would Be King
M*A*S*H
Mean Streets
Moonraker
Monty Python Holy Grail
Muppet Movie
Murder On The Orient Express
Obsession
Odessa File
Oh, God!
Once Is Not Enough
One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest
One Million Dollar Duck
Onion Field
Opening Night
Orca Killer Whale
Outlaw Josey Wales
Paper Chase
Paper Moon
Papillion
Paradise Alley
Passenger
Patton
Pete's Dragon
Pink Flamingo
Pretty Baby
Prophecy

Bridgette Marie
Master Rewinder
Member # 88

Member Rated:
Duh, I skipped "N". Ok, here are some "N" 70's flicks.

Nashville
Network
New York New York
Norma Rae
North Dallas Forty
Nosferatu
Norman Is That You
Nutcracker Fantasy
Neptune Factor

StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of Bridgette's post:
quote:
...here are some more 70's films with the letters "G" through "P".

Also include "The Poseidon Adventure" (1972), one of the great "disaster flicks" of the 70's, with an all-star cast: Gene Hackman, Ernest Borgnine, Stella Stevens, Shelley Winters, Jack Albertson, Roddy MacDowell, Red Buttons, Pamela Sue Martin, Carol Lynley, and Leslie Nielsen.

There was a sequel in the late 70's called "Beyond The Poseidon Adventure", but I never saw it. And I guess not too many people have either!

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Bridgette Marie
Master Rewinder
Member # 88

Member Rated:
Thanx Steven! I knew I was most likely missing tons of great 70's flix. I would also like to add "Pumping Iron" to the P section and "Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls" to the B section. And oh yeah, the IMDB page says that They Shoot Horses Dont They was a 60's flick, but "Ebert" says it was from 1970. OK, well here are some more flix, starting with the letters Q through Z:

Quadrophenia
Quintet
Real Life
Reason To Live Reason To Die
Remember My Name
Rescuers
Return of Pink Panther
Revenge of the Pink Panther
Rocky
Rocky II
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Rose
Saturday Night Fever
Scarecrow
Shampoo
Shootist
Spy Who Loved Me
Star Trek
Star Wars
Stay Hungry
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Superman
Taxi Driver
That's Entertainment
They Shoot Horse's Don't They
Thieves Like Us
3 Women
THX1138
Tommy
Turning Point
There's A Girl In My Soup
Ultimate Thrill
Unmarried Woman
Up The Sandbox
Valentino
Van
Vigilante Force
Visions of Eight
Voices
Voyage of the Damned
Walkabout
Warriors
Wedding
Welcome to L.A.
Where The Red Fern Grows
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wiz
Woman Under the Influence
Woodstock
X,Y and Zee
Youngblood
Young Frankenstein
You Light Up My Life
Your Three Minutes Are Up
Zachariah
Zandy's Bride

Ok, well I hope that has helped ya out some Nick, and I can't wait to see the 70's site completed, I have been listening to a lot of 70's classic rock music, and I am very much in the mood for the whole great 70's aura ;-)

StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
I'm just want to thank Bridgette for bringing up all those titles from the 70's! It really brought me back some memories! I grew up as a teenager throughout that decade.

There are more movie titles that she didn't include but I will include some more titles (and opinions) when I think of them!

I realize this board actually originated as an 80's website. And although I love 80's movies and pop culture, I cannot deny my formation years in the 70's.

Yes, there were plenty of cheesy awful stuff in 70's movies, music, pop culture, etc., but 80's lovers don't seem to realize that the people who became well-known in the 80's, also started out and grew up during the 70's decade. (Example: Madonna graduated from high school in 1976, as I did. Not the same school, of course! :-> )

I speak with quite a few older people, those who grew up in the 60's. And some of them say that in order to appreciate the 60's, you have to understand what the 50's were like. The two decades seem totally opposite and different from one another.

So, I guess that in order to really appreciate one decade, you have to understand and study previous decades.

Anyway, thanks so much again, Bridgette! Please forgive me rambling on!

celticbabe
Master Rewinder
Member # 664

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for celticbabe   Email celticbabe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed "I Spit On Your Grave" was not included on the list, this controversial, violent film must not be forgotten!
Posts: 125 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Bridgette Marie
Master Rewinder
Member # 88

Member Rated:

Thank you Steven, I'm glad to hear that you appreciated it =-). It took me much research since I don't own too many 70's movies, and I wasn't born until 1981. My mother, who's 43 years old, was a teenager throughout the 70's, so I probably should have asked her for more help. But again, thanx, it feels great to be appreciated =-)

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home