iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Race With The Devil

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Race With The Devil
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone seen this movie? I remember seeing it when I was little and it freaked me out. It starred Peter Fonda and Loretta Swit (Hot Lips from MASH) They were on a vacation in a motorhome and stopped in the woods in some hick town to camp for the night. They witness some type of satanic ritual out in the woods where these hooded people sacrafice a girl. They get discovered some how and the satanic people chase them back to their motorhome. I remember the cult rocking the motorhome and banging on the side of it while Peter Fonda tried to get it started. They finally get away and the next day go tell the police about it, but the police were some of the devil worshipers. It was spooky because they didn't know who in town they could trust because all the satanic people had on hoods, so they could be anyone in the town.
I need to get that movie and watch it again. It was creepy.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never saw it, but it did sound really good. Sounds similiar to another movie....Did you ever see the movie Death Weekend with Brenda Vaccarro, and it has the guy that played Seth-in The Night the Lights went out in Georgia. It is pretty freaky. This guy invites her to a weekend at his house-she thinks she's going to a big party-and he just wanted to get her alone, these 3 rednecks try running her off the road at the beginning-on her way there, and she has a sports car, and the she gets away and they wreck, and they find out where she's at, and they come terrorize them, it is so realistic and creepy.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom_cruise
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3142

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for tom_cruise   Email tom_cruise   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iv seen Race with the Devil.Very good film but like you years since i saw it last.Has one of the best tag lines ever as well.

[Mad] If you're going to race with the devil, you've got to be as fast as Hell! [Mad]

Posts: 26 | From: Mancester,England | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought this one a while ago, a pretty bleak film but loved seeing Oates and Fonda together. Creepy too when it felt like they couldn't trust anybody. Is it just me or did the occult themes seem more prevalent in 70's movies?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first time I saw this I was a kid and my sister was babysitting me and some other kids. This came on tv and scared the s**t out of us. It has recently popped up on one of the Encore movie channels.
Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vin
Rewind Curious
Member # 7662

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Vin   Email Vin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love the downbeat ending.I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it.
Posts: 5 | From: Leeds,United Kingdom | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home