iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » CONVOY

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CONVOY
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just found this movie on DVD-I think my son would like it, but I am not sure what it is rated, I couldn't find a rating for it, does anyone know? It stars Kris Kristofferson, and Ali MacGraw.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightiesdude
Master Rewinder
Member # 752

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for eightiesdude   Author's Homepage   Email eightiesdude   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Convoy is rated PG

Isis if you want to know anything about any film I use.

http://www.imdb.com

Convoy is one of those films I saw in the theator. Lots of truckers and cb culture. I need to see it again. Another film that a friend has that I need to see again and another one that I saw as a young kid is "White Line Fever" with Jan-micheal Vincent it is another trucker film from the 70s.

Posts: 114 | From: Florida | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We we huge in to using the CB Radio back in the 70's, my parents had handles, and they talked to this whole group of people, we used to get together and have parties at each others houses, and picnics in the summer. It was fun, I can still see all the kids sitting in the living room of the people who usually threw the parties-they had like 6 kids, and we were all sitting there watching Chips while the parents talked and hung out. That was what was the internet back then, but people actually would meet each other and become friends. I remember we had a big Xmas party once, and rented a building for it, and they would throw practical jokes on each other, it was a great time. So, I always sort of liked the whole CB thing.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget about Smokey & The Bandit!
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightiesdude
Master Rewinder
Member # 752

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for eightiesdude   Author's Homepage   Email eightiesdude   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was surprised to see the other day all three smokey and the bandits as a dvd bundle set at Bj's wholesale club. I never saw the third movie but I have read it is bad. I still may pick this up though along with the a dvd bundle set of all 4 airport movies.

If they ever release Chips on dvd or Love boat I will be there to get them immediately.

Posts: 114 | From: Florida | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I would never forget Smokey and the Bandit-my son loves those-the 1st 2, I don't think we ever saw 3, if I am correct it only has Jerry Reed in it, and not Burt Reynolds. We like the old classic cars, they don't even make a cool car anymore.
eightiesdude
Master Rewinder
Member # 752

Member Rated:
I never saw the 3rd one as well. But as far as I know it was called something like. Smokey is the bandit and it had no burt reynolds but Jackie Gleason was in it and Reed. I maybe wrong but that is what I remember.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home