iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » SCAREY MOVIES

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SCAREY MOVIES
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I put a post on the 80s rewind boards, now Im asking you guys on 70s rewind: scariest horror movies please. Thanks alot.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really don't like horror movies, except for the campy trashy b-movies from the 50's and early 60's.

But any 70's horror movie list would have to include:

The Exorcist
The Omen
Carrie
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
It's Alive
The Last House On The Left
Jennifer
Silent Night, Bloody Night
Rabid
Willard
, and its sequel, Ben
Halloween
(1978)
Black Christmas, an almost-forgotten film from 1974
When A Stranger Calls
The Fury
Sisters
Nightwing

I guess, I suppose, Jaws and Alien might classify as horror.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I put 70's movies on with the 80's list that I did for ya.

Have you seen Death Weekend? It has Brenda Vaccaro in it? It is so real. This group of rednecks, break in to this house that this guy takes her to for the weekend, and it is really creepy.

The Last House on the Left is based on a true story, it is really weird in places, but the whole basis of it, is so awful, and very sad, it is out on DVD I have seen it in Best Buy.

Piranha-is one of my favorite movies, the effects are so awesome, you can get it on DVD too. If you have never seen it, it is great from beginning to end. There are scenes that I can not watch cause they are so real.

Don't go in the House-is about this guy who's mom tortures him as a kid, she burns his arm on the stove for punsihment, and he picks women off the street, and takes him back to his house, and ties them in this metal fire proof room, and burns them with a blow torch, it is awful.

There are some that I would like to see that I know about, but either have not been able to find, or are too scared to watch them.

SheBeast
The People Under the Stairs
Hospital Massacre
Sorority House Massacre

I know there's more, did you get any of the others, you said you were getting Bloody Birthday, did you watch it yet?? It is really good, scary that the murderers are little kids.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
didnt watch BLOODY BIRTHDAY yet, but I bought it. mayeb this weekend. Thanks guys, good choices.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick N
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick N   Email Nick N   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is the scariest movie of the 70s, followed by Jaws, The Omen, Alien, Carrie, and The Exorcist.
Posts: 100 | From: Vernon, New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home