iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's movie recommendations for Netflix?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80's movie recommendations for Netflix?
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone found any cool 80's movies on Netlfix?? any rarities I should check out? I need lists people??....the instant watch actually has quite a few gems that aren't avaiable on dvd even....?
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy, there are a ton on 80's movies there! Netflix is awesome. It's totally helped me fill in my collection!

Use the search engine and type in actors/actresses from those days. That's a good place to start. =)

Happy hunting!

Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not 80's, but I recently found the movie "Lisa" on there.
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a list of some 80's movies available for instant watch:

-My Bodyguard
-My Mom's a werewolf
-The Burbs
-Wildcats
-Loverboy
-Spring Break
-Risky Business
-Caddyshack
-Killer klowns from outer space
-Just one of the guys
-Dream a little dream
-American Werewolf in London
-Fright Night
-The Burning
-Return of the Living Dead parts 1, 2, 3
-House on Sorority Row
-Popcorn
-New Year's Evil
-Big
-Uncle Buck
-Revenge of the Nerds
-Bachelor Party
-Valley Girl
-The Chocolate War
-Earth Girls are Easy
-Teen Wolf
-Garbage Pail Kids
-Child's Play
-The Prowler
-My Bloody Valentine
-Young Sherlock Holmes
-Blue Velvet
-Creepshow
-Christine
-Some Kind of Wonderful
-Pee Wee's Big Adventure

I'm sure there's more!

[ 09. November 2010, 07:29: Message edited by: Veronica Sawyer ]

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Find James Spader's filmography and hit the buttons.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Veronica is that a Netflix list or have you been taking inventory of my DVD collection? I must admit that Netflix has quite a few hard to obtain flicks available on Instant Watch.

Secret Admirer .. Ace of Spades was wicked in the 80's!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
Valley, are you loving netflix so far? It's almost overwhelming because there are sooo many choices...A friend of mine at work told me that he once spent two hours just browsing through movies, lol.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can relate, Veronica! I sit around just piling up stuff in the Instant Queue. And slowly, I start working my way through them until...they get new instant watch movies, and I'm there grinning like an idiot adding away. For every two I watch, I probably add three more. Oh well, some people collect coins or butterflies... This is more fun.

Oh yeah, those are some mighty fine 80s selections. (And the obscure "Lisa" is pretty decent too. :-))

Enjoy.

[ 09. November 2010, 19:33: Message edited by: Crash ]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did you find that list Veronica??

I watched Garbage Pail Kids awhile back because it said it was running out on instant watch but I just looked and it's back...why do they do that? I just noticed Amazing Stories season two is running up also.

Veronica I love Lisa for some reason and I had to own it!

Some I have in my que now are:
The Burning
Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins
The Video Dead
Open House
Intruder
Blade Runner
Funland
Slaves of New York
Student Confidential
Monster in the Closet
Truth or Dare

If anyone has any input on these movies and if I should watch one soon let me know.........

I have done the search an actor thing also searched types of movies by year....it just seems to me like you guys I could spend forever searching [Big Grin] and why don't they have movies to search by decades? or years? generalized?

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
Muffy, that's actually just a list of movies that are in my queue. On the wii, I believe there is a category called 'feel good comedies of the 80's' or something to that effect, which is where i found most of them, I think. They also have give suggestions based on movies in your queue, which has helped me find some stuff too.

I'm crossing my fingers hoping that Modern Girls or Fire with Fire end up on there soon [Smile]

gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been thinking of starting a conversation about what movies are available instantly. I've got a good queue started. I will have to check and get back to see what I've missed or what I have that has not been mentioned.

Netflix is a great thing to have!

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home