iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Heavy Metal (1981 animated).

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Heavy Metal (1981 animated).
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for HarryCanyon   Email HarryCanyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now here is an awesome mature audiences animated Sci-fi/horror/fantasy anthology based on an adult comic book magazine. Stars John Candy, Harold Ramis, Eugene Levy and Roger Squidward Bumpass as voices, it's a sexy and gory animated anthology of quality stories and pure fun.

Loved this since i was 12 when it came out on TBS 18 years ago along with Vampire Hunter D, Robot Carnival, Rock and Rule, American Pop, Watership Down and Hey Good Looking for other great adult animated movies which i adored. I bought this the first day it came out finally on video when i was 15 uncut and uncensored, i had a longtime crush on Taarna.

This movie with the magazine influenced The Fifth Element and even Avatar, i can't wait for the new HM movie.

Posts: 125 | From: Santa Ana, California | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i didn't quite understand this movie when it first came out, but as i got older i learned to appreciate it.

i own watership down and love that movie.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definately one of the trippiest animated films of the 80's hands down. The WWII B-17 Bomber Segment is by far my favorite of the film.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zombo
Rewinder
Member # 8405

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zombo   Email Zombo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love this movie! Great blend of animation with a stellar soundtrack.

Here's hoping the new HM movie rocks!

Posts: 32 | From: Monroeville Mall | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for HarryCanyon   Email HarryCanyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought the soundtrack when i was 15 besides the VHS movie in 96, one of my favorite soundtracks and i also own the score by Elmer Bernstein.

Who else agrees with me that both The Fifth Element and Avatar had that HM in live-action vibe? they both had the feel of both the comic and animated since James Cameron and Luc Besson are huge fans of both sources, which is awesome.

The upcoming new HM animated movie will be co-directed by David Fincher and James Cameron and executive produced by them but will be more truer to the comics. The film will be 10 stories with other directors like Guillermo Del Toro, Zack Snyder, Jack Black, Gore Verbinski and Rob ZOmbie have joined as 3 more will be announced. This will incorporate different animation in each segment such as 2D traditional animation, CGI, Clay, Stop Motion, Flash and anime. They should hire Will Vinton for a claymation segment, Henry Selleck of Nightmare Before Christmas fame for a stop motion segment and Yoshiaka Kawajari of "Ninja Scroll", "Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust", "Animatrix" and "Wicked City" fame or Katushiro Otomo ('Akira") for an anime segment. Could be a great experiment in animation right?

Who else thought Taarna was one fine toon babe? she's up there with Cheetara, Adora from She-Ra, Jessica Rabbit and other animated hotties in my books. I adored her since i was 12 and had a boner over her when i was 15 when she got naked in the uncensored Un-TBS version on video, i mean incredible knockers and bush.

If you like this movie, i recommend these similar movies:

Akira.
Ghost in The Shell.
Fire and Ice.
Wicked City.
Rock and Rule.
Pink Floyd The Wall.
Ninja Scroll.
South Park The Movie.
Urotsukidoji Legend of the Overfiend.
Princess Mononoke.
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (a.k.a. Warriors of the Winds).
Heavy Traffic.
Fritz The Cat.
Fist of the North Star (1986 animated version).
Wizards.
Fantastic Planet.
Lightyears.
Starchaser Legend of Orin.
The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Vampire Hunter D and Vampire HUnter D Bloodlust.
Beowulf.
Allegro Non Troppo.
The Haunted World of El Superbeasto.
Dead Space: Downfall.
Dante's Inferno Animated.
Turok: Son of Stone.
Golgo 13 The Professional.

[ 30. October 2010, 06:15: Message edited by: HarryCanyon ]

Posts: 125 | From: Santa Ana, California | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home